Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > FAQ Topic - What is a native object? (2010-08-02)

FAQ Topic - What is a native object? (2010-08-02)

Asen Bozhilov

Ry Nohryb wrote:
> Asen Bozhilov wrote:

> > This is exactly what I said.

> This is exactly what I said firstly, and you just repeated.

What you wrote:
"And some native objects are provided by the host environment."

Which is wrong sentence. The host environment provides only host
objects. They can be implemented as native objects but this fact does
not mean they are not host objects.
Your objections/additions are not for this entry. They are for entry
about host objects.

> Then this FAQ entry should *not* suggest -wrongly, as it does- that
> the set of native objects is made of [ the set (ES) built-ins + the
> set of user defined ones ], because if host objects can be implemented
> as native they ought to be included in that set too.

The description of native objects must not contains any information
about host objects. Ask wherever you want about the differences
between host and native objects and read the answers. There are too
many confused people from this topic and cljs FAQ has the best
explanation.

Ry Nohryb

On Aug 3, 12:36*pm, Asen Bozhilov <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Ry Nohryb wrote:
> > Asen Bozhilov wrote:
> > > This is exactly what I said.

> > This is exactly what I said firstly, and you just repeated.

> What you wrote:
>
> * "And some native objects are provided by the host environment."
>
> Which is wrong sentence. The host environment provides only host
> objects. They can be implemented as native objects but this fact does
> not mean they are not host objects.
> Your objections/additions are not for this entry. They are for entry
> about host objects.
>
> > Then this FAQ entry should *not* suggest -wrongly, as it does- that
> > the set of native objects is made of [ the set (ES) built-ins + the
> > set of user defined ones ], because if host objects can be implemented
> > as native they ought to be included in that set too.

> The description of native objects must not contains any information
> about host objects. Ask wherever you want about the differences
> between host and native objects and read the answers. There are too
> many confused people from this topic and cljs FAQ has the best
> explanation.

Jesus. Have a coffee. What a mess you're making of this. There's a
third kind (*) of native objects not listed here: the native host
objects. That's it. And that's all.

(*)
1.- ES built-ins.
2.- user-defined.