Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Dynamic XML Creation

Dynamic XML Creation

Kevin

Hello,

I need to create an XML schema for a spreadsheet. It consists of 5
static column names, however the number of rows, i.e. entries, isn't
yet known.

Please tell me how to create an XML dynamically. I suppose that I
could put together an XML schema that has an excessive number of rows
so that I don't have to worry about having insufficient rows in my XML
schema. However, this solution appears bad because it's static.

Please advise me on how to produce an XML schema dynamically.

Thank you,
Kevin

Evertjan.

Kevin wrote on 07 jun 2010 in comp.lang.javascript:

> I need to create an XML schema for a spreadsheet. It consists of 5
> static column names, however the number of rows, i.e. entries, isn't
> yet known.
>
> Please tell me how to create an XML dynamically. I suppose that I
> could put together an XML schema that has an excessive number of rows
> so that I don't have to worry about having insufficient rows in my XML
> schema. However, this solution appears bad because it's static.
>
> Please advise me on how to produce an XML schema dynamically.

Do you want to do this with Javascript?

If so on what platform?

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Kevin wrote:

> I need to create an XML schema for a spreadsheet. [...]
> Please tell me how to create an XML dynamically. I suppose that I
> could put together an XML schema that has an excessive number of rows
> so that I don't have to worry about having insufficient rows in my XML
> schema. However, this solution appears bad because it's static.
>
> Please advise me on how to produce an XML schema dynamically.

You are not making sense. For one, XML and XML Schema are not the same. Be
sure about what it is that you need. As for the rest: RTFM, STFW. Ask here
only if that did not help, and please ask a *smart* question then.

<http://jibbering.com/faq/#posting>

PointedEars
--
realism: HTML 4.01 Strict