Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > ie8!=ie8

ie8!=ie8

cecile

this a site with a javasripts game, all browsers and all versions work well
when I go with xp, but when I go with Windows7 my ie8 that whork good on xp
don't play sound anymore. it's a sound .wav, the background music .mid work
but (playsound,javasripts) don't play.

Evertjan.

cecile wrote on 24 mei 2010 in comp.lang.javascript:

> this a site with a javasripts game, all browsers and all versions work
> well when I go with xp, but when I go with Windows7 my ie8 that whork
> good on xp don't play sound anymore. it's a sound .wav, the background
> music .mid work but (playsound,javasripts) don't play.

"javasripts"?

'Javascript script' != 'Javascript script',
as long as you do not show the relevant part.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

David Mark

cecile wrote:
> this a site with a javasripts game, all browsers and all versions work well
> when I go with xp, but when I go with Windows7

What site?

> my ie8 that whork good on xp
> don't play sound anymore.

That is a shame.

> it's a sound .wav, the background music .mid work
> but (playsound,javasripts) don't play.

Well, if you post a link; I'll look at it. In the meantime, try this
document:-

http://www.cinsoft.net/mylib-examples.html

....as it plays WAV and MIDI sounds in IE5-8 (and other odd assortments
like AOL IE for the Mac circa 2001) and the rest of the desktop browsers
(providing there is adequate plug-in support) on every platform I've
ever tested, including VMWare on a Mac. Most of the time it is a pretty
trivial operation as virtually of the those browsers lack plug-in
support (exception would be the Mac AOL thing) and the fallback is to
append a BGSOUND in the HEAD.

Without seeing this "game", I don't know if it is trying to do. Another
popular alternative for cross-browser audio is to use Flash. No telling
what might be going wrong with that strategy. But I do have
cross-browser tests for that too (see the Build Test link).