Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > "how do I create an array in jquery?"

"how do I create an array in jquery?"

Sean Kinsey

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2650277/how-do-i-create-an-array-in-jquery>

Who's with me setting up www.jQueryIsNotJavascript.com? (And no,
'ECMAScript' is quite possible not the correct term here')

Michael Haufe (\TNO\)

On Apr 16, 3:48*am, Sean Kinsey <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2650277/how-do-i-create-an-array-i...>
>
> Who's with me setting upwww.jQueryIsNotJavascript.com?(And no,
> 'ECMAScript' is quite possible not the correct term here')

That's it, game over. The web is lost.

Of course whats worse, the question or the list of answers that
followed?

Garrett Smith

Michael Haufe ("TNO") wrote:
> On Apr 16, 3:48 am, Sean Kinsey <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2650277/how-do-i-create-an-array-i...>
>>
>> Who's with me setting upwww.jQueryIsNotJavascript.com?(And no,

It is a long domain name.

>> 'ECMAScript' is quite possible not the correct term here')

> That's it, game over. The web is lost.
>
> Of course whats worse, the question or the list of answers that
> followed?

Same. Excerpts from answers:

| a hash is a hash
- and -
| you are asking how to turn a hash into an array. You cant.
- and -
| jQuery is a JavaScript plugin
- and -
| An array in Javascript is always numerically indexed:
- and -
| Technically everything is an Object in Javascript,

The question and answer are a manifestation of the ignorance encouraged
by the meme.
--
Garrett