Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Page problems

Page problems

Dimitri

At the website www.yorinfm.nl I cannot click on the buttons on the left
side of the page (the buttons with "Jensen in de middag", "Stenders
vroeg op", "Jocks" etc.) This problem only occurs with Firefox (I am
using 1.0PR). With IE everything is fine. Has someone an idea what´s
going wrong?

Dimitri

Alvaro G. Vicario

*** Dimitri escribió/wrote (Wed, 22 Sep 2004 17:31:20 +0200):
> At the website www.yorinfm.nl I cannot click on the buttons on the left
> side of the page (the buttons with "Jensen in de middag", "Stenders
> vroeg op", "Jocks" etc.) This problem only occurs with Firefox (I am
> using 1.0PR). With IE everything is fine. Has someone an idea what´s
> going wrong?

This page has a weird design. It has several empty <span> items. One of
them (pos0) covers the menu. In Mozilla / Firefox you can't click on the
links because there's this invisible layer above them, like a lid. I just
don't understand why it does work under Internet Explorer.

--
-+ Álvaro G. Vicario - Burgos, Spain
+- http://www.demogracia.com (la web de humor barnizada para la intemperie)

Dimitri

Alvaro G. Vicario wrote:
> *** Dimitri escribió/wrote (Wed, 22 Sep 2004 17:31:20 +0200):
>
>>At the website www.yorinfm.nl I cannot click on the buttons on the left
>>side of the page (the buttons with "Jensen in de middag", "Stenders
>>vroeg op", "Jocks" etc.) This problem only occurs with Firefox (I am
>>using 1.0PR). With IE everything is fine. Has someone an idea what´s
>>going wrong?

> This page has a weird design. It has several empty <span> items. One of
> them (pos0) covers the menu. In Mozilla / Firefox you can't click on the
> links because there's this invisible layer above them, like a lid. I just
> don't understand why it does work under Internet Explorer.

OK, thank you. I will sent a mail to this radiostation so they can
revise their page.

Dimitri

Alvaro G. Vicario

*** Dimitri escribió/wrote (Wed, 22 Sep 2004 20:58:05 +0200):
> OK, thank you. I will sent a mail to this radiostation so they can
> revise their page.

That's fine, a polite request asking them to test the page with other
browsers is useful to —at least— let them know we exist. Just don't take my
"analysis" too seriously—I may be wrong, I didn't write the page

--
-+ Álvaro G. Vicario - Burgos, Spain
+- http://www.demogracia.com (la web de humor barnizada para la intemperie)
++ Las dudas informáticas recibidas por correo irán directas a la papelera
-+ I'm not a free help desk, please don't e-mail me your questions

Clark

You might try changing some of the pop up blocker settings. Somethimes
these can mess up some menus.

Clark

"Dimitri" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Alvaro G. Vicario wrote:
>> *** Dimitri escribió/wrote (Wed, 22 Sep 2004 17:31:20 +0200):
>>
>>>At the website www.yorinfm.nl I cannot click on the buttons on the left
>>>side of the page (the buttons with "Jensen in de middag", "Stenders vroeg
>>>op", "Jocks" etc.) This problem only occurs with Firefox (I am using
>>>1.0PR). With IE everything is fine. Has someone an idea what´s going
>>>wrong?

>> This page has a weird design. It has several empty <span> items. One of
>> them (pos0) covers the menu. In Mozilla / Firefox you can't click on the
>> links because there's this invisible layer above them, like a lid. I just
>> don't understand why it does work under Internet Explorer.
>>

> OK, thank you. I will sent a mail to this radiostation so they can revise
> their page.
>
> Dimitri

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22=2Ebr=EFan=2E=22?=

(On 9/22/2004 2:28 PM) Alvaro G. Vicario wrote:
> *** Dimitri escribió/wrote (Wed, 22 Sep 2004 17:31:20 +0200):
>
>>At the website www.yorinfm.nl I cannot click on the buttons on the left
>>side of the page (the buttons with "Jensen in de middag", "Stenders
>>vroeg op", "Jocks" etc.) This problem only occurs with Firefox (I am
>>using 1.0PR). With IE everything is fine. Has someone an idea what´s
>>going wrong?

> This page has a weird design. It has several empty <span> items. One of
> them (pos0) covers the menu. In Mozilla / Firefox you can't click on the
> links because there's this invisible layer above them, like a lid. I just
> don't understand why it does work under Internet Explorer.

That menu is *definitely* a weird design. Turn off the style sheet once
with View >> Page Style >> No Style and have a look at the page! :-\

People try too hard to make menus.

--
Brian

Email Info -