Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Microsoft expanding it use of jQuery & involvement with jQuery

Microsoft expanding it use of jQuery & involvement with jQuery

lorlarz

MicroSoft expanding it use of jQuery & involvement with jQuery

http://tinyurl.com/yfv5l7r

John G Harris

On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 at 11:10:42, in comp.lang.javascript, lorlarz wrote:
>MicroSoft expanding it use of jQuery & involvement with jQuery
>
>http://tinyurl.com/yfv5l7r

Does that mean JQuery is going to become full of security holes ?

John
--
John Harris

David Mark

lorlarz wrote:
> MicroSoft expanding it use of jQuery & involvement with jQuery

How clueless of them. I wonder if they know thoroughly incompatible it
is with IE (and shows no signs of getting any better). And don't think
MS can help on that either (inexplicably, they've never been very astute
at scripting IE).

Checkraise

lorlarz wrote:

> MicroSoft expanding it use of jQuery & involvement with jQuery
>
> http://tinyurl.com/yfv5l7r

Browser scripting for MSIE is a PITA...
jQuery is a PITA...

perfect match.

--
Resig is more like Javascript's Pee Wee Herman. (D.Mark in clj)

David Mark

Checkraise wrote:
> lorlarz wrote:
>
>> MicroSoft expanding it use of jQuery & involvement with jQuery
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/yfv5l7r

> Browser scripting for MSIE is a PITA...
> jQuery is a PITA...
>
> perfect match.

Well said. It's a match made in hell for sure.

Checkraise

David Mark wrote:

>> Browser scripting for MSIE is a PITA...
>> jQuery is a PITA...
>>
>> perfect match.

> Well said. It's a match made in hell for sure.

nah, I don't think it was made here in clj >:->

--
Resig is more like Javascript's Pee Wee Herman. (D.Mark in clj)
--
"My advice is simple: Boycott IE. It's a cancer on the Web that must be
stopped. IE isn't secure and isn't standards-compliant, which makes it

David Mark

Checkraise wrote:
> David Mark wrote:
>
>>> Browser scripting for MSIE is a PITA...
>>> jQuery is a PITA...
>>>
>>> perfect match.

>> Well said. It's a match made in hell for sure.

> nah, I don't think it was made here in clj >:->

CLJ is not hell (just the official newsgroup).

And if jQuery and MS don't start playing nice together, I'm casting them
out.