Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > flash onFocus="this.blur"

flash onFocus="this.blur"

Martin Nadoll

Hello,

i have a swf-file in my website.
When I click on that swf, it becomes focus and i see a dotted line around
that swf.
I don't like that, so I tried to remove focus from that object with
javascript.

<object classid="any" width="1000" height="225" id="FlashID" title="any"
onFocus="this.blur()">

but it doesn't help, the line is still there...

Thanks for any ideas,
Martin Nadoll

Richard Cornford

On Jan 27, 8:30 am, Martin Nadoll wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i have a swf-file in my website.
> When I click on that swf, it becomes focus and i see a dotted line
> around that swf.
> I don't like that, so I tried to remove focus from that object with
> javascript.
>
> <object classid="any" width="1000" height="225" id="FlashID"
> title="any" onFocus="this.blur()">
>
> but it doesn't help, the line is still there...

In Internet Explorer Element Nodes have a boolean - hideFocus -
property that can be set to true in order to suppress the dashed
outline around focused elements. Whether that extends to OBJECT
elements is something that I have never looked into (and if any
element is likely to diverge from the common structure in IE then it
will be OBJECT elements).

Richard.

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Martin Nadoll wrote:

> i have a swf-file in my website.
> When I click on that swf, it becomes focus and i see a dotted line around
> that swf.
> I don't like that, so I tried to remove focus from that object with
> javascript.

Thereby removing all chances of this becoming accessible after all, I
suppose. The "dotted line around" is there so that the user can see that
the element has the focus, that it can be interacted with by use of the
keyboard, and that no other element has the focus. Do not (attempt to)
remove/hide it. And avoid Flash, it is not accessible (at least I have yet
to see an accessibly designed Flash control).

PointedEars
-- Richard Cornford, cljs, <cife6q$253$1$(E-Mail Removed)> (2004)

Can I make a Flash Object a live link using html instead of flash? johnsonholding@yahoo.com HTML 8 02-09-2012 05:33 AM
Another flash question - jpegs in flash movie acting oddly. Jim Higson HTML 1 09-21-2004 10:38 PM
flash problem, session id not consistent when using flash with query stirng parameters Bernie ASP .Net 0 09-05-2004 05:28 AM
Is Flash Flash? Targa Cisco 1 11-25-2003 03:34 PM
Why not a Flash -> flash device? Shaw Goh \(NetPlus Micro Computers\) Digital Photography 0 07-16-2003 09:57 AM

Advertisments