Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Safari&FireFox&Chrome Compatable Script!

Safari&FireFox&Chrome Compatable Script!

Chull13

Ok - I like how I have the the page at tye bottom in IE - but the
OnMouseOver for the Pics and the large flakes Falling Snow Do not work
in Safari&FireFox&Chrome.
I've looked high and low on the `net on how to make cross platform
compatible script but have not been able to get the 2 scripts to work
on Safari&FireFox&Chrome.
Any suggestions?
http://www.twinlakessnowmobile.com/pictures.html

Thanks!!

David Mark

On Dec 20, 11:57*am, Chull13 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Ok - I like how I have the the page at tye bottom in IE - but the
> OnMouseOver for the Pics and the large flakes Falling Snow Do not work
> in Safari&FireFox&Chrome.

I didn't care for the page in FF. Be fair, I hated it. But it did
have falling snow.

> I've looked high and low on the `net on how to make cross platform
> compatible script but have not been able to get the 2 scripts to work
> on Safari&FireFox&Chrome.

I saw those two scripts.

var isIE = navigator.userAgent.match(/msie/i);
var isIE6 = navigator.userAgent.match(/msie 6/i);
var isOldIE = (isIE && (isIE6 || navigator.userAgent.match(/msie 5/
i)));
var isWin9X = navigator.appVersion.match(/windows 98/i);
var isiPhone = navigator.userAgent.match(/iphone/i);
var isBackCompatIE = (isIE && document.compatMode == 'BackCompat');
var noFixed = ((isBackCompatIE || isIE6 || isiPhone)?true:false);

This ensures they will never be cross-anything scripts. Find new
ones. Better yet, forget the falling snow.

> Any suggestions?http://www.twinlakessnowmobile.com/pictures.html

Get a new site?

Doug Miller

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Chull13 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Ok - I like how I have the the page at tye bottom in IE - but the
>OnMouseOver for the Pics and the large flakes Falling Snow Do not work
>in Safari&FireFox&Chrome.
>I've looked high and low on the `net on how to make cross platform
>compatible script but have not been able to get the 2 scripts to work
>on Safari&FireFox&Chrome.
>Any suggestions?

Main suggestion is to look some more. A *lot* more. You obviously haven't
looked enough, if you still think the correct approach is to develop for IE
first and then try to make your page work in standards-respecting browsers
such as Safari, FF, Chrome, or Opera. You should be doing it the other way
around: develop for Firefox, then tweak until it works in IE also.