Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Updated FAQ

Updated FAQ

Garrett Smith

* Dates:
| Year 0000 is unrecognized by some formats (XML Schema, xs:date).
- Baagoe

* 4.1 How do I format a Date object with javascript?
- Stockton, Mincha, others
(This will be revisited for extended years.)

* msdn2 links changed to msdn links (no redirect)
- Talbot
* doctype - HTML 4.01 strict
- Talbot

* Meta information:
content="Javascript Frequently Asked Questions">
content="http://www.ecma-international.org/publications/standards/Ecma-262.htm">
content="https://developer.mozilla.org/en/JavaScript">
- Talbot, Lahn, G Smith

* Posting guilelines:
"Remove everything that does not contribute to the problem (images,
superfluous markup, other scripts, etc)."
- Talbot, Lahn, Stockton, Cornford, G. Smith

* corrections to markup (extra "</p>" before </li>
- Talbot

* Posting code:
Removed: "If the code is more than about 300 lines, provide a link
instead." because nobody objected to my suggestion of removing it.
- G Smith
--
Garrett

Garrett Smith

Garrett Smith wrote:

[snip]
Forgot a few:

* I have <a href="javascript:somefunction()"> what ... ?
Added Cornford's example

* Posting code:
# Mention the platforms, browsers, and versions.
- Harris, Talbot

* How to Ask a Question
Removed "Read recent relevant posts in c.l.js."

--
Garrett

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Garrett Smith wrote:

> * Meta information:

You are too fast for me. I was going to comment on your reply later,
probably on the weekend.

PointedEars
--
realism: HTML 4.01 Strict
evangelism: XHTML 1.0 Strict

Garrett Smith

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
> Garrett Smith wrote:
>
>> * Meta information:

> You are too fast for me. I was going to comment on your reply later,
> probably on the weekend.

Please do.

It's funny. Quiet for a while, then suddenly, a rush of FAQ feedback.
--
Garrett

Garrett Smith

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
> Garrett Smith wrote:
>
>> * Meta information:

> You are too fast for me. I was going to comment on your reply later,
> probably on the weekend.

So how does the META information look?
--
Garrett

Osmo Saarikumpu

Garrett Smith kirjoitti:

> So how does the [faq] META information look?

Is there a reason for two DCTERMS.language? One with and the other
without the scheme attribute?

--
Best wishes,
Osmo

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Garrett Smith wrote:

> Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
>> Garrett Smith wrote:
>>> * Meta information:

>> You are too fast for me. I was going to comment on your reply later,
>> probably on the weekend.

> So how does the META information look?

Looks a bit hard to read (why not use newlines to help with the review?),
otherwise good. But see my other comments in
<news:(E-Mail Removed)> and the followup.

DCTERMS.language is a duplicate, indeed. (Maybe newlines would help to see
more duplicates.)

PointedEars
will want to steal it.)

Garrett Smith

Osmo Saarikumpu wrote:
> Garrett Smith kirjoitti:
>
>> So how does the [faq] META information look?

> Is there a reason for two DCTERMS.language? One with and the other
> without the scheme attribute?

No, that was a mistake. Corrected locally as:
--
Garrett

Dr J R Stockton

In comp.lang.javascript message <hc8kib$ein$(E-Mail Removed)-
september.org>, Tue, 27 Oct 2009 21:24:22, Garrett Smith
<(E-Mail Removed)> posted:

>* Posting code:
> Removed: "If the code is more than about 300 lines, provide a link
>instead." because nobody objected to my suggestion of removing it.

It should be restored.

FAQ 9.3 Updated Randy Webb Javascript 4 12-18-2006 12:02 AM
[FAQ] updated version ? gregg C Programming 3 05-04-2004 08:54 AM
German edition of comp.lang.ruby FAQ has been updated Josef 'Jupp' SCHUGT Ruby 2 02-16-2004 05:25 PM
German edition of comp.lang.ruby FAQ updated Josef 'Jupp' Schugt Ruby 0 02-16-2004 05:10 PM
Datagrid not updated during delete, but updated during insert and update Dmitry Korolyov ASP .Net Datagrid Control 0 09-22-2003 10:57 AM

Advertisments