Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Enter a value in the exact textarea

Enter a value in the exact textarea

spacemarc

hi all
can you suggest me a javascript crossbrowser that insert a value
(emoticons,
bbcode, text and so on) in the exact position where the user click in
textarea? thanks

rf

"spacemarc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi all
> can you suggest me a javascript crossbrowser that insert a value
> (emoticons,
> bbcode, text and so on) in the exact position where the user click in
> textarea? thanks

No.

Can't be done. A textarea contains *plain text*, not emoticons, and
certainly not something "positioned".

You are looking for an "html editor" and, as usual, google is your friend.