Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > javascript drop down list for state state selection doesn't work

javascript drop down list for state state selection doesn't work

JRough

Can you see what is wrong with this state field, form input? I get
an error in php that says Unknown column 'state' in 'field list'
which makes me think that the value isn't getting posted in the form.
Can you let me know I did wrong or if the Javascript is right? There
is more to the form I'm just giving you the field that doesnt' work.
thanks,

<label for="state">State</label>
<select id = "state" name = "state"> onChange="this.form.getElementByID
("state").value=this[this.selectedIndex].value">
<option value="AL">Alabama
<option value="AK">Alaska
<option value="AZ">Arizona
<option value="AR">Arkansas
<option value="CA">California
<option value="CO">Colorado
<option value="CT">Connecticut
<option value="DE">Delaware
<option value="FL">Florida
<option value="GA">Georgia
<option value="HI">Hawaii
<option value="ID">Idaho
<option value="IL">Illinois
<option value="IN">Indiana
<option value="IA">Iowa
<option value="KS">Kansas
<option value="KY">Kentucky
<option value="LA">Louisiana
<option value="ME">Maine
<option value="MD">Maryland
<option value="MA">Massachusetts
<option value="MI">Michigan
<option value="MN">Minnesota
<option value="MS">Mississippi
<option value="MO">Missouri
<option value="MT">Montana
<option value="NE">Nebraska
<option value="NV">Nevada
<option value="NH">New Hampshire
<option value="NJ">New Jersey
<option value="NM">New Mexico
<option value="NY">New York
<option value="NC">North Carolina
<option value="ND">North Dakota
<option value="OH">Ohio
<option value="OK">Oklahoma
<option value="OR">Oregon
<option value="PA">Pennsylvania
<option value="RI">Rhode Island
<option value="SC">South Carolina
<option value="SD">South Dakota
<option value="TN">Tennessee
<option value="TX">Texas
<option value="UT">Utah
<option value="VT">Vermont
<option value="VA">Virginia
<option value="WA">Washington
<option value="WV">West Virginia
<option value="WI">Wisconsin
<option value="WY">Wyoming
</select>
<input id="state" size="2" name="state">