Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > can cycle through input with enter or tab but must use tab in i.e.

can cycle through input with enter or tab but must use tab in i.e.

Andrew Pollock

With help from this forum I got my sandwich lease calculator running the
way I want it to in Firefox.
When I open it in I.E. I cannot use enter to trigger the function that
triggers it going to and selecting the next text field,
but must use tab. In I.E. if I have windows sounds on I get a failed
signal when I hit enter.
The code validates at WC3.org. In I.E. the error console throws one
error at the first line that makes no sense to me.
Sorry the code is repetitive. When I tried to use global variables I had
problems. Is there a way to make it work with enter in I.E. like it does
in Firefox?
Here is the temporary url:
http://members.atlantic.net/~andypo/go/NoldSandwich.htm

Captain Paralytic

On 16 Sep, 20:59, "Andrew Pollock" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> With help from this forum I got my sandwich lease calculator running the
> way I want it to in Firefox.
> When I open it in I.E. I cannot use enter to trigger the function that
> triggers it going to and selecting the next text field,
> but must use tab. In I.E. if I have windows sounds on I get a failed
> signal when I hit enter.
> The code validates at WC3.org. In I.E. the error console throws one
> error at the first line that makes no sense to me.
> Sorry the code is repetitive. When I tried to use global variables I had
> problems. Is there a way to make it work with enter in I.E. like it does
> in Firefox?
> Here is the temporary url:http://members.atlantic.net/~andypo/go/NoldSandwich.htm

It doesn't work properly in Chrome/Safari either.