Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > explanation about javascript bytecode opcodes

explanation about javascript bytecode opcodes

Canny

Hi,

While studying the JavaScript engine source code used in Firefox, I am
confused about the semantics of various JS bytecode operations given
in jsopcode.tbl file (http://mxr.mozilla.org/firefox/source/js/src/
jsopcode.tbl). Is there anyone can provide some pointers to more
detailed explanation about those operations?

Thanks a lot!
Canny

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Canny wrote:
> While studying the JavaScript engine source code used in Firefox, I am
> confused about the semantics of various JS bytecode operations given
> in jsopcode.tbl file (http://mxr.mozilla.org/firefox/source/js/src/
> jsopcode.tbl). Is there anyone can provide some pointers to more
> detailed explanation about those operations?

Maybe someone knowing C? The source code of ECMAScript implementations is
seldom, if ever, discussed here. Try mozilla.dev.tech.javascript instead.

BTW: The URL is wrapped and shouldn't be. Eschew Google Groups for posting.

PointedEars

Dr J R Stockton

In comp.lang.javascript message <(E-Mail Removed)>, Thu,
2 Jul 2009 18:01:32, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn <(E-Mail Removed)>
posted:
>Canny wrote:
>> While studying the JavaScript engine source code used in Firefox, I am
>> confused about the semantics of various JS bytecode operations given
>> in jsopcode.tbl file (http://mxr.mozilla.org/firefox/source/js/src/
>> jsopcode.tbl). Is there anyone can provide some pointers to more
>> detailed explanation about those operations?

>BTW: The URL is wrapped and shouldn't be. Eschew Google Groups for posting.

There is nothing wrong with wrapping URLs, for readers using well-
written agents, provided that angle brackets <> are used where the OP
put parentheses().

--
(c) John Stockton, nr London UK. replyYYWW merlyn demon co uk Turnpike 6.05.
No Encoding. Quotes precede replies. Snip well. Write clearly. Mail no News.