Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Image changer..

Image changer..

Barely Audible

Anyone any suggestions for a script that will change an image in an html
page at regular intervals?

--
TTFN
Jim

The one item you need is always in short supply.
-- Murphy's Military Laws, #41

rf

Barely Audible wrote:
> Anyone any suggestions for a script that will change an image in an
> html page at regular intervals?

Yes. None. Don't do it.

Such changing stuff draws the attention of the viewer away from the actual
content of the page, assuming the page actually has some content.

--
Richard.

Evertjan.

Barely Audible wrote on 06 jun 2009 in comp.lang.javascript:

> Anyone any suggestions for a script that will change an image in an html
> page at regular intervals?

There are thousands of javascript slideshows on the web on the web,
most are not exactly what you want, are very badly written.

So write one yourself having mastered some Javascript,
or pay for a professional to help you.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Barely Audible wrote:
> Anyone any suggestions for a script that will change an image in an html
> page at regular intervals?

Yes. What have you tried?

PointedEars

VK

On Jun 6, 4:03*pm, Barely Audible <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> Anyone any suggestions for a script that will change an image in an html
> page at regular intervals?

Something like this?
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...tentglider.htm

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

VK wrote:
> Barely Audible wrote:
>> Anyone any suggestions for a script that will change an image in an html
>> page at regular intervals?

> Something like this?
> http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...tentglider.htm

I expected someone to come up with junk like this, and when I noticed
your haunting this group again, I was certain that would include you.

PointedEars

VK

On Jun 6, 9:20*pm, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> VK wrote:
> > Barely Audible wrote:
> >> Anyone any suggestions for a script that will change an image in an html
> >> page at regular intervals?

> > Something like this?
> >http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...tentglider.htm

> I expected someone to come up with junk like this, and when I noticed
> your haunting this group again, I was certain that would include you.

Did you write or do you know a better one? Do not hesitate to share
it. c.l.j. is open for anyone posting - even for you.

As a side not I did not claim that it is the best out of all or an
absolutely reliable script. I just pointed to the script that
seemingly does what OP seemingly wants. What problem do you have with
that?

The Natural Philosopher

VK wrote:
> On Jun 6, 9:20 pm, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>> VK wrote:
>>> Something like this?
>>> http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...tentglider.htm

>> I expected someone to come up with junk like this, and when I noticed
>> your haunting this group again, I was certain that would include you.

> Did you write or do you know a better one? Do not hesitate to share
> it. c.l.j. is open for anyone posting - even for you.
>
> As a side not I did not claim that it is the best out of all or an
> absolutely reliable script. I just pointed to the script that
> seemingly does what OP seemingly wants. What problem do you have with
> that?

It doesn't have pointed ears?

Nuff said.

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

VK wrote:
> Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
>> VK wrote:
>>> Something like this?
>>> http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...tentglider.htm

>> I expected someone to come up with junk like this, and when I noticed
>> your haunting this group again, I was certain that would include you.

> Did you write or do you know a better one? Do not hesitate to share
> it. c.l.j. is open for anyone posting - even for you.

False dilemma. If a thing has properties that are objectively bad enough
that it should not be used, there is no need to prove that a better thing
exists in order not to use the first thing.

BTW, your being only an infrequent nuisance around here make your attempts
at patronizing me of all people, arguably a longtime regular to this
newsgroup, look rather ridiculous.

> As a side not I did not claim that it is the best out of all or an
> absolutely reliable script. I just pointed to the script that
> seemingly does what OP seemingly wants. What problem do you have with
> that?

If you would not think that this can or should be used, you would not post
it without comment. That is the problem.

PointedEars

Barely Audible

if I come on this newsgroup again someone shoot me....

--
TTFN
Jim

The best armor is staying out of gun-shot.
-- Italian proverb