Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > JS framework

JS framework

Ivan S

What JS framework would you guys recommend to me?

I'll build web application which is "portlet-like" ... I like JQuery,
but I'm opened to new or better solutions.

What do you think about Dojo?

Thanks in advance.

Ivan

rf

Ivan S wrote:
> What JS framework would you guys recommend to me?

Notepad.

Start typing...

Ivan S

On 27 svi, 16:05, "rf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Ivan S wrote:
> > What JS framework would you guys recommend to me?

> Notepad.
>
> Start typing...

I don't think that a good idea. Notepad++ is much better.

Just kidding ... I don't want to code all by my self, it would take me
a lot of time to develop things that I need (and some frameworks have
it all done).

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Ivan S wrote:
> What JS framework would you guys recommend to me?

Yours. It's not that hard to do. In fact, without being presumptuous, I
don't think one can do worse than what is on the advertised market right
now. If only I had the time ...

HTH

PointedEars

Ricardo

On 27 maio, 14:26, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> Ivan S wrote:
> > What JS framework would you guys recommend to me?

> Yours. *It's not that hard to do. *In fact, without being presumptuous, I
> don't think one can do worse than what is on the advertised market right
> now. *If only I had the time ...

lol

David Mark

On May 27, 4:00*pm, Ricardo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 27 maio, 14:26, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> > Ivan S wrote:
> > > What JS framework would you guys recommend to me?

> > Yours. *It's not that hard to do. *In fact, without being presumptuous, I
> > don't think one can do worse than what is on the advertised market right
> > now. *If only I had the time ...

> lol

Oh, it's the guy who thinks all of the bugs, memory leaks and other
incompetence in jQuery is an evil bias against jQuery and other
"frameworks" by this newsgroup. Weren't you just in here whining
about some bug report? The "attr" method I think. Was explained to
you in painful detail, but you just scuttled off and did nothing.

Your whole professional future relies on the kindness of other hacks
and you are too inept to relay a simple bug report. Ironic,
considering that community is supposed to be a selling point. I don't
think a community of inept imbeciles is what the browser scripting
world needs right now.

David Mark

On May 27, 11:27*am, Ivan S <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 27 svi, 16:05, "rf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Ivan S wrote:
> > > What JS framework would you guys recommend to me?

> > Notepad.

> > Start typing...

> I don't think that a good idea. Notepad++ is much better.
>
> Just kidding ... I don't want to code all by my self, it would take me
> a lot of time to develop things that I need (and some frameworks have
> it all done).

No they do not. Not by a long shot and there aren't enough man-hours
in the year for them to catch up. Search the archive for more
information.

David Mark

On May 27, 9:44*am, Ivan S <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> What JS framework would you guys recommend to me?
>
> I'll build web application which is "portlet-like" ... I like JQuery,
> but I'm opened to new or better solutions.
>
> What do you think about Dojo?

I think that, unlike jQuery and the rest, it has a bright future.
There are some very smart people involved. I am personally tying some
things down for them so that even the most grizzled Javascript
veterans will approve. The next version will leave all of the rest
behind. You can put that in the bank.

In a sentence, they are *listening*, which does not describe the other
efforts at all.

Garrett Smith

Conrad Lender wrote:
> On 27/05/09 17:27, Ivan S wrote:
>>> Notepad.

>> I don't want to code all by my self, it would take me a lot of time
>> to develop things that I need (and some frameworks have it all done).

> You're not likely to get any recommendations for libraries or frameworks
> in cljs. From the FAQ [1]: "No javascript libraries are endorsed by this
> group.

Should links to reviews be in the FAQ? If so, only the best reviews
should be linked. Best=highest s/n, least rudeness.

If you agree, find a link and post up. Maybe it goes in the FAQ.

Garrett

David Mark

On May 28, 2:23*am, Garrett Smith <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Conrad Lender wrote:

> >> I don't want to code all by my self, it would take me a lot of time
> >> to develop things that I need (and some frameworks have it all done).

> > You're not likely to get any recommendations for libraries or frameworks
> > in cljs. From the FAQ [1]: "No javascript libraries are endorsed by this
> > group.

> Should links to reviews be in the FAQ? If so, only the best reviews
> should be linked. Best=highest s/n, least rudeness.

Yes, but never mind judging "rudeness." Replies can be rude (like
Resig's various lame attempts to head off criticism), but reviews are
not replies to anyone, just the expression of opinions, hopefully
buttressed with facts. Are movie critics rude when they savage the
latest Hollywood monstrosity?

Nest = more controversy = more readers = more enlightenment. If
people can't deal with harsh criticism, they should seek careers out
of the spotlight. I am sick and tired of hearing that outrageous
incompetence and waste - not to mention outright fraud - is justified
and criticism is socially unacceptable. As for harshness, it is
required as nobody seems to hear whispers of mild encouragement.

> If you agree, find a link and post up. Maybe it goes in the FAQ.

Ah, you know where the significant ones are. I believe jQuery,
MooTools and Cappuccino have been sufficiently debunked in the last
year or so. Not just reviewed, but dissected to show that there's
nothing proficient or maintainable inside. Is it rude to say
Cappuccino is worthless? Perhaps those who worked on it may think so,
but it's a nice gesture for all of the people who will save time by
avoiding it. I hear from those people occasionally. It makes it all
worthwhile. Well, that and all the publicity.