Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > ciphering tinymce source code

Reply
Thread Tools

ciphering tinymce source code

 
 
deostroll
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-03-2009
Hi,

Need to know the basis for understanding the code written for tinymce
(cms - content management system). I mean what are all those written
in { init: '', blah: blah, ...}. Where can I learn such advanced
stuff?

--deostroll
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-03-2009
deostroll wrote:
> Need to know the basis for understanding the code written for tinymce
> (cms - content management system). I mean what are all those written
> in { init: '', blah: blah, ...}. Where can I learn such advanced
> stuff?


When RTFM, RTFFAQ, STFW. However, it is not at all advanced. It's an
Object initializer; `init' and `blah' are property names, and after the
colon (`:') follows the corresponding property value.

<http://jibbering.com/faq/#posting>


PointedEars
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Thomas Allen
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-03-2009
On Apr 3, 9:47*am, deostroll <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Need to know the basis for understanding the code written for tinymce
> (cms - content management system). I mean what are all those written
> in { init: '', blah: blah, ...}. Where can I learn such advanced
> stuff?
>
> --deostroll


Two good places to start:

* https://developer.mozilla.org/En/Cor...ript_1.5_Guide
* http://oreilly.com/catalog/9781565923928/

Thomas
 
Reply With Quote
 
Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-03-2009
Thomas Allen wrote:
> Two good places to start:
>
> * https://developer.mozilla.org/En/Cor...ript_1.5_Guide


Yes.

> * http://oreilly.com/catalog/9781565923928/


No.


PointedEars
 
Reply With Quote
 
Thomas Allen
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-03-2009
On Apr 3, 10:01*am, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> Thomas Allen wrote:
> > Two good places to start:

>
> > *https://developer.mozilla.org/En/Cor...ript_1.5_Guide

>
> Yes.
>
> > *http://oreilly.com/catalog/9781565923928/

>
> No.
>


Especially since the version I linked is out of print, my bad.

I've found the Rhino book to be a good jump-off point, although others
may disagree. Here's a link to the latest edition.

http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596000486/

Thomas
 
Reply With Quote
 
Thomas Allen
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-03-2009
Oops, linked the wrong one again. O'Reilly site search > Google
"oreilly javascript," clearly:

http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596101992/index.html

Thomas
 
Reply With Quote
 
Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-03-2009
Thomas Allen wrote:
> Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
>> Thomas Allen wrote:
>>> Two good places to start:
>>> *https://developer.mozilla.org/En/Cor...ript_1.5_Guide

>> Yes.
>>
>>> *http://oreilly.com/catalog/9781565923928/

>> No.
>>

>
> Especially since the version I linked is out of print, my bad.


Seems you found all the bad teachers (and unsurprisingly, again you did not
consult the archives before posting). Last time I checked, Flanagan didn't
really know what he's talking about either, and it remains to be seen
whether the latest (5th) edition can be safely recommended or still remains
in the FAQ only because it is the least bad book about the topic.


PointedEars
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
tinymce code fragment deostroll Javascript 20 04-07-2009 04:38 AM
Cursor in TinyMCE in SWTBrowser jsimon Java 0 12-13-2006 01:24 PM
Willing to pay for some expert help integrating TinyMCE davehansen22@gmail.com Java 3 07-19-2006 09:51 PM
tinymce Manfred W Java 2 08-12-2005 08:46 AM
Please help - a question on Ciphering... Vincent MCSD 2 02-20-2004 05:50 AM



Advertisments