Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Which search engine should i use ?

Which search engine should i use ?

=?Utf-8?B?L2Rldi9udWxs?=

I'd like to have a search engine that supports (only) the html meta tags for
keywords. It is to be used on our intra net only. Does anyone know of such
a product (free or commercial) ?

Peter Rilling

I don't know about the different search engine products, but you will be
hard pressed to find one that ONLY use the meta tags. Not search engines
index the content and use the meta tags to supplement that information.

"/dev/null" </dev/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'd like to have a search engine that supports (only) the html meta tags
> for
> keywords. It is to be used on our intra net only. Does anyone know of
> such
> a product (free or commercial) ?

shockwave13 shockwave13 is offline
Junior Member

I like this place to search. If you want to use specific search words, use quotes around the keywords. It works quite well.

http://www.frynge.com/google.htm

Also you can ask questions, using the "what is" question.

It's the best search engine I have found. It allows me to ask questions, as well as gives me three flavors of searching. So I can quickly choose what ever search engine I want from one page. What does everyone else use? I am willing to try new ones and am looking around for the best one I can find.