Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > show/hide any division

show/hide any division

richard

I'm working on a menu system where I have a 3 column table affair.
On start, you see a menu list in column 1.
Column2 will have some general information.
Column3 is an iframe for final data input.

About every damn thing I've seen on how to do this is the pure bare
bones basics. That is, click button 1 to hide, click button 2 to show.
Not what I want.
Or, they simply toggle a division below the "switch".

What I want to do is, when a user clicks on the main menu list, what
ever item is in column2 is replaced by that choice. Then when an item
is chosen in column 2, the iframe shows the results.

Anyone got a site where this might be happening at?
It's a royal PITA searching through google.

Erwin Moller

richard schreef:
> I'm working on a menu system where I have a 3 column table affair.
> On start, you see a menu list in column 1.
> Column2 will have some general information.
> Column3 is an iframe for final data input.
>
> About every damn thing I've seen on how to do this is the pure bare
> bones basics. That is, click button 1 to hide, click button 2 to show.
> Not what I want.
> Or, they simply toggle a division below the "switch".
>
> What I want to do is, when a user clicks on the main menu list, what
> ever item is in column2 is replaced by that choice. Then when an item
> is chosen in column 2, the iframe shows the results.

Hi Richard,

What you ask is really vague. I am sure we can help you, but make sure
you write a coherent question.
For example, what do you mean by this:
"when a user clicks on the main menu list, whatever item is in column2
is replaced by that choice."
DO you want your column2 to hold to value (text?) of something?

If so:

then replace like this:
<script type="text/javascript">
function replaceCol2(newtext){
document.getElementById("column2").innerHTML = newtext;
}
</script>

> Anyone got a site where this might be happening at?
> It's a royal PITA searching through google

You won't learn JavaScript well from googling around.
I advise you to buy a good book, eg JavaScript, the Definitive Guide.

Regards,
Erwin Moller

-- C.A.R. Hoare

David Mark

On Oct 26, 1:24*am, richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I'm working on a menu system where I have a 3 column table affair.
> On start, you see a menu list in column 1.

A list of what?

> Column2 will have some general information.

About what?

> Column3 is an iframe for final data input.

This is the first I have heard of data input in this "menu system."
You are going to have to explain this design a little better or post
an example page.

> About every damn thing I've seen on how to do this is the pure bare
> bones basics. That is, click button 1 to hide, click button 2 to show.

How to do what?

> Not what I want.

That doesn't really help.

> Or, they simply toggle a division below the "switch"

You are fading.

..

> What I want to do is, when a user clicks on the main menu list, what

Column 1?

> ever item is in column2 is replaced by that choice. Then when an item

Not getting anything at this point.

> is chosen in column 2, the iframe shows the results.

Which are?

> Anyone got a site where this might be happening at?

I don't know what happening you are looking for.

> It's a royal PITA searching through google.

Sometimes.

division by 7 without using division operator krypto.wizard@gmail.com C Programming 94 02-09-2007 06:57 AM
polynomial division remainder Manfred Balik VHDL 5 05-18-2004 02:37 AM
FLOATING POINT DIVISION sunwij VHDL 3 12-29-2003 04:44 AM
will Synposys Design Compiler support division by two's power and integer rounding? walala VHDL 12 09-14-2003 03:49 PM

Advertisments