Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > value transfer from page to frame in second page frameset

value transfer from page to frame in second page frameset

lev

I want to pass a value(name) from a 'sign-in'(password) page to
one(result) frame of a second, three-frame frameset page. I did this
with 'action = result file.cgi' in the 'sign-in' file and
$ENV{'REQUEST_METHOD'} in the result file.cgi, but then only the
result frame alone was displayed. Doing the same with 'action=
frameset file.htm' displays all frames, but no value is transferred to
the static html file. This is why I need to write the frameset as a
cgi file. A value transferred to a frameset.cgi file could, I assume,
be used as a global value by the single result frame.
My efforts to write such a frameset, as the example below, were not
successful. Perhaps, someone could steer me right via cgi or via a
better(js) approach?

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

use CGI qw/:standard/;
my $q=new CGI;
use CGI::Carp qw(fatalsToBrowser);

print $q->header(); #or: $q->print("Content-Type: text/html\n
\n");
print $q->start_html(-title=>'PagePass');

print <<endhtml;
<FRAMESET ROWS="50%,*">
<FRAME NAME="display" SRC="http://bioinfo.weizmann.ac.il/
safety-bin/Document2.cgi">
<FRAME NAME="data" SRC="http://bioinfo.weizmann.ac.il/
safety-bin/cgi-bin/home.cgi">
</FRAMESET>
endhtml
;
# exit 0;

#malformed header from script. Bad header=<!DOCTYPE html:

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

lev wrote:
> [...] This is why I need to write the frameset as a cgi file. A value
> transferred to a frameset.cgi file could, I assume, be used as a global
> value by the single result frame. My efforts to write such a frameset, as
> the example below, were not successful. Perhaps, someone could steer me
> right via cgi or via a better(js) approach?

You do not have a problem that can be solved best with an ECMAScript
implementation: not server-side, because you use Perl there already;
not client-side, because the server-side approach is more reliable.

Ask in comp.lang.perl for help with your CGI/Perl script instead.

PointedEars
--
var bugRiddenCrashPronePieceOfJunk = (
) // Plone, register_function.js:16