Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Thunderbird: Highlighting of quoted message parts

Thunderbird: Highlighting of quoted message parts

Alexander Fischer

Hello all,
in Thunderbird, everytime I have paragraphs in my message body which
start with one or more ">" signs (quotations), Thunderbird displays
this with a highlighting bar on the left. While this is a nice
feature, I would prefer to turn it off, and to display the body in
plain-text, as is. Is there a setting to achieve this? I couldn't find
it yet...

Thanks,
Al

--BRIAN--

Alexander Fischer wrote:
> Hello all,
> in Thunderbird, everytime I have paragraphs in my message body which
> start with one or more ">" signs (quotations), Thunderbird displays
> this with a highlighting bar on the left. While this is a nice
> feature, I would prefer to turn it off, and to display the body in
> plain-text, as is. Is there a setting to achieve this? I couldn't find
> it yet...

See:
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?p=588836

--
Brian

Alexander Fischer

--BRIAN-- <user@127.1.1.1> wrote in message news:<yVE2d.25395$ni.21972@okepread01>...
> Alexander Fischer wrote:
> > Hello all,
> > in Thunderbird, everytime I have paragraphs in my message body which
> > start with one or more ">" signs (quotations), Thunderbird displays
> > this with a highlighting bar on the left. While this is a nice
> > feature, I would prefer to turn it off, and to display the body in
> > plain-text, as is. Is there a setting to achieve this? I couldn't find
> > it yet...

> See:
> http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?p=588836

Thanks, it worked.
Alex

.brian.

On 9/19/2004 4:41 PM Alexander Fischer wrote:
> --BRIAN-- <user@127.1.1.1> wrote in message news:<yVE2d.25395$ni.21972@okepread01>...
>
>>Alexander Fischer wrote:
>>
>>>Hello all,
>>>in Thunderbird, everytime I have paragraphs in my message body which
>>>start with one or more ">" signs (quotations), Thunderbird displays
>>>this with a highlighting bar on the left. While this is a nice
>>>feature, I would prefer to turn it off, and to display the body in
>>>plain-text, as is. Is there a setting to achieve this? I couldn't find
>>>it yet...

>>See:
>>http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?p=588836

Glad. It was too much work for me to try it.

--
Brian