Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > 'object required' ?

'object required' ?

CreativeMind

hi all,
I updated my application from VS2003(.NET framework 1.1) to
VS2008(.NET framework 3.5).
My form uses a dropdownlist cboLocation. In 1.1 there is no error
accessing that form. but when i use 3.5, i get error of 'object
required'. when i break and quick-watch the value of
document.getElementById("cboLocation") , it shows 'null'. btw, there
is a value in dropdownlist. what should i change??

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

CreativeMind wrote:
> I updated my application from VS2003(.NET framework 1.1) to
> VS2008(.NET framework 3.5).
> My form uses a dropdownlist cboLocation. In 1.1 there is no error
> accessing that form. but when i use 3.5, i get error of 'object
> required'. when i break and quick-watch the value of
> document.getElementById("cboLocation") , it shows 'null'. btw, there
> is a value in dropdownlist. what should i change??

Try Brain 1.0 instead.

<http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html>

PointedEars

jdalton

View the source of the page and see if there is an element with the ID
of "cboLocation".
If it's in a master template control or something it may have a prefix
automatically added to the ID.

- JDD