Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > document.getElementById stopped working after adding an iframe

document.getElementById stopped working after adding an iframe

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

AC wrote:
> I don't know if you've read the original post,

I don't know if you actually read my post as you are repeating much the same
errors that were pointed out to you already, most notably none-quoting.

> but it asked how to reference elements when the page includes an iframe.
> The original code was posted to demonstrate how elements were being
> referenced in the page without an iframe, that worked. The long code was
> posted when it was asked for.

Garrett's request to "Post the real code." does not include the request to
post *all* the code, including the irrelevant parts. And it would _not_
mean the *server-side code*. At least not when using common sense. Think
about it: Would you actually want to spend your free time to dig through
hundreds of irrelevant uncommented lines in order to find the relevant ones
maybe, provided your NetNews user agent could handle that?

> Maybe I replied to the wrong person

You replied to the wrong posting as it did not contain such a request.
Learn how threaded discussions work.

> - apologies if that's the case.

Accepted, I think.

> Never mind, thanks anyway.

You're welcome, I think.

PointedEars

SAM

AC a écrit :
> I don't know if you've read the original post, but it asked how to
> reference elements when the page includes an iframe.

Perhaps could you when you post (and answer) copy a part (significative
part) of the previous post.
As we could understand of what i's question, matter, subject ...

> The original code
> was posted to demonstrate how elements were being referenced in the
> page without an iframe, that worked.

No, nothing was worked in previous code : no JS ... !

> The long code was posted when it
> was asked for. Maybe I replied to the wrong person - apologies if
> that's the case.
>
> Never mind, thanks anyway.

Not time by now
I'll try to see it this evening (6 hours)

But if it would have been possible to have the code seen by a browser it
would be much better.

--
sm