Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > missing : after property id error

Reply
Thread Tools

missing : after property id error

 
 
1 connu
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-03-2008
Hi,

I don't have any clue with Javascript but I use one from Sun for Java applet
deployement (http://java.com/js/deployJava.js).

The parameters of my applet are generated according to user's choices. I
have a case with error "missing : after property id" on line 816.

Thanks in advance for any help.


Pierre

The script :
<script>
788 var attributes =
789 {
790 code: 'concentrationapplet.ConcentrationApplet.class',
791 width: 680,
792 height: 450,
793 archive:
'JFreeChart/jfreechart-0.9.21.jar,JFreeChart/jcommon-0.9.6.jar,Concentration.jar',
794 codebase: 'http://localhost:8080'
795 };
796
797 var parameters =
798 {
799
800 subsNo: 3,
801
802 substance: 'ACENOCOUMAROL',
803
804 T12: 10.00000,
805
806 Q0: 1.00000,
807
808 substance2: 'AMPRENAVIR',
809
810 substance3: 'ALPRAZOLAM',
811
812 T123: 13.00000,
813
814 Q03: 0.70000,
815
816 Ki_2_1_3A4/5: 0.05561, // error here !!!
817
818 listKi: 'Ki_2_1_3A4/5;'
819
820 };
821
822 var version = '1.5.0';
823
824 deployJava.runApplet (attributes, parameters, version);
825 </script>




 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Jorge
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-03-2008
On Jun 3, 11:23*am, "1 connu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The parameters of my applet are generated according to user's choices. I
> have a case with error "missing : after property id" on line 816.
>
> 816 Ki_2_1_3A4/5: 0.05561, // error here !!!


"Ki_2_1_3A4/5" is not a valid name : the problem is the slash "/".

--Jorge.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
1 connu
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-03-2008
I put quotes and the problem disappears.

'Ki_1_2_3A4/5': 0.05561,


"1 connu" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de news:
45ce5$48450dab$55da1131$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I don't have any clue with Javascript but I use one from Sun for Java
> applet deployement (http://java.com/js/deployJava.js).
>
> The parameters of my applet are generated according to user's choices. I
> have a case with error "missing : after property id" on line 816.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.
>
>
> Pierre
>
> The script :
> <script>
> 788 var attributes =
> 789 {
> 790 code: 'concentrationapplet.ConcentrationApplet.class',
> 791 width: 680,
> 792 height: 450,
> 793 archive:
> 'JFreeChart/jfreechart-0.9.21.jar,JFreeChart/jcommon-0.9.6.jar,Concentration.jar',
> 794 codebase: 'http://localhost:8080'
> 795 };
> 796
> 797 var parameters =
> 798 {
> 799
> 800 subsNo: 3,
> 801
> 802 substance: 'ACENOCOUMAROL',
> 803
> 804 T12: 10.00000,
> 805
> 806 Q0: 1.00000,
> 807
> 808 substance2: 'AMPRENAVIR',
> 809
> 810 substance3: 'ALPRAZOLAM',
> 811
> 812 T123: 13.00000,
> 813
> 814 Q03: 0.70000,
> 815
> 816 Ki_2_1_3A4/5: 0.05561, // error here !!!
> 817
> 818 listKi: 'Ki_2_1_3A4/5;'
> 819
> 820 };
> 821
> 822 var version = '1.5.0';
> 823
> 824 deployJava.runApplet (attributes, parameters, version);
> 825 </script>
>
>
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
1 connu
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-03-2008
Thanks Jorge, you are right, I fix it with quotes.

Pierre

"Jorge" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de news:
5b71fb48-e3ef-4b23-8d3b-09dc45997257...oglegroups.com...
On Jun 3, 11:23 am, "1 connu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The parameters of my applet are generated according to user's choices. I
> have a case with error "missing : after property id" on line 816.
>
> 816 Ki_2_1_3A4/5: 0.05561, // error here !!!


"Ki_2_1_3A4/5" is not a valid name : the problem is the slash "/".

--Jorge.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Jorge
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-03-2008
On Jun 3, 11:37*am, "1 connu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Thanks Jorge, you are right, I fix it with quotes.
>


Hmm, thank you Pierre, I never thought that a property's name could be
"~anyText" :

<html><head>
<script>
window.onload= function () {
var o= {
'./=88Ki_2_1_3A4/5': 0,
'/=88Ki_2_1_3A4/5': 1,
'=88Ki_2_1_3A4/5': 2,
'88Ki_2_1_3A4/5': 3,
'{Ki_2_1_3A4/5': 4,
'[i_2_1_3A4/5': 5,
'\\2_1_3A4/5': 6
};
for (property in o) { alert(property+": "+o[property]) }
};
</script></head><body></body></html>

--Jorge.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-03-2008
Jorge wrote:
> On Jun 3, 11:37 am, "1 connu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Thanks Jorge, you are right, I fix it with quotes.

>
> Hmm, thank you Pierre, I never thought that a property's name could be
> "~anyText" :


But subsections 11.1.5 and 11.2.1 of the ECMAScript Specification, Edition 3
Final (and other sections of previous editions), say so (Note that this
also includes the empty string.)

This feature of ECMAScript implementations makes Object objects extremely
useful for the implementation of what is known as a dictionary e.g. in
Python, and augmented Array objects for the implementation of what is known
as an associative array e.g. in PHP. As for the former, I remember to have
posted an example for a customer address book recently:

<news:(E-Mail Removed)>

BTW, while searching for it, I found this article that you were interested
in: <news:(E-Mail Removed)>. There's at least one other:
<news:(E-Mail Removed)>


HTH

PointedEars
--
realism: HTML 4.01 Strict
evangelism: XHTML 1.0 Strict
madness: XHTML 1.1 as application/xhtml+xml
-- Bjoern Hoehrmann
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Error after publishing site: The type specified in the TypeName property of ObjectDataSource 'PositionPostingsDataSource' could not be found. Allan Ebdrup ASP .Net 1 05-02-2007 12:01 PM
missing ) after argument list error Vv_vV Javascript 4 03-31-2007 01:59 PM
Problems with Server.Mappath after Error handled in Global.asax (not the missing ~-problem!) Michael ASP .Net 0 02-03-2007 10:55 AM
Control missing property after postback with repeater dave ASP .Net Building Controls 1 08-12-2006 07:06 PM
error "Missing ] after element list" error in FireFox soup_or_power@yahoo.com Javascript 1 07-05-2005 02:45 PM



Advertisments