Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Tabular Data Control

Tabular Data Control

Anon

I have been experimenting with Tabular Data Control to read and navigate a
simple text file database (intranet).

<Object id="data5" CLASSID="CLSID:333C7BC4-460F-11D0-BC04-0080C7055A83">
<Param Name="DataURL" VALUE="productdatabase1.txt">
<Param Name="UseHeader" VALUE="TRUE">
<Param Name="TextQualifier" VALUE="~">
<Param Name="FieldDelim" VALUE=" ">
<Param id="pfilter" Name="Filter" VALUE="Name = ">
</Object>

I note that TDC is proprietary to IE (ActiveX controls). Is there a DOM
alternative to accessing a tabular text database client-side?

To set variables with individual values from the database, I use Filter to
display one record (row) in a table (or in spans), and the variable is
assigned the innerHTML using document.getElementById. I'd like to assign
the variables prior to display. Using display:none or visibility:hidden
doesn't seem that elegant of a solution. Is there a method of reading a
datasrc value by name?

Thanks in advance!
Scott
in Dunedin