Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > FAQ Topic - How do I disable the right mouse button? (2008-05-12)

FAQ Topic - How do I disable the right mouse button? (2008-05-12)

FAQ server

FAQ Topic - How do I disable the right mouse button?

The oncontextmenu intrinsic event is the only safe and reliable
method. Of the other approaches often presented, most depend on
an alert box interrupting the process and rarely work. Note that
oncontextmenu is a non-standard event and is not supported on
all browsers.
` <body oncontextmenu="return false"> `

comp.lang.javascript FAQ is at http://jibbering.com/faq/index.html.
The FAQ workers are a group of volunteers. The sendings of these
daily posts are proficiently hosted by http://www.pair.com.