Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Faded Background on Full Page Area

Faded Background on Full Page Area

vunet

Can anyone recommend a cross browser solution to cover full web page
(100% in height and width) with faded background (apparently DIV
element)?

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

vunet wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a cross browser solution to cover full web page
> (100% in height and width) with faded background (apparently DIV
> element)?

Please elaborate. For example, what do you consider a "faded background"
(I found four translations for "faded" in my dictionary, and only two coming
remotely close to making any sense)?

Reads more like a CSS problem (on-topic in
comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets). Why do you think this
could/should be resolved with client-side scripting?

PointedEars
--
var bugRiddenCrashPronePieceOfJunk = (
) // Plone, register_function.js:16

vunet

On Apr 17, 1:38 pm, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> vunet wrote:
> > Can anyone recommend a cross browser solution to cover full web page
> > (100% in height and width) with faded background (apparently DIV
> > element)?

> Please elaborate. For example, what do you consider a "faded background"
> (I found four translations for "faded" in my dictionary, and only two coming
> remotely close to making any sense)?
>
> Reads more like a CSS problem (on-topic in
> comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets). Why do you think this
> could/should be resolved with client-side scripting?
>
> PointedEars
> --
> var bugRiddenCrashPronePieceOfJunk = (
> navigator.userAgent.indexOf('MSIE 5') != -1
> && navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Mac') != -1
> ) // Plone, register_function.js:16

Faded background in my understanding would be something very close to
http://www.huddletogether.com/projects/lightbox/ where transparent
black layer covers screen area. I used pageYOffset for FF and
scrollTop for IE to calculate top position of my 100% wide and tall
div. I do not enjoy this idea and I thought there might be better
solutions which I haven't heard of.

faded icons Colin Computer Support 11 09-25-2010 06:52 PM
Faded icons Bent Wing Computer Support 2 01-20-2008 01:27 AM
Slightly OT: Restoring faded prints Ricky Rudolph Digital Photography 6 07-04-2006 11:04 PM
dimage 5400 and faded slides mitcheroo Digital Photography 5 06-09-2005 07:48 AM
Bad OCR results from faded typing Jim Beaver Computer Support 6 03-26-2005 11:27 PM

Advertisments