Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Yahoo! User Interface - anybody using this stuff ? I've got a problem...

Yahoo! User Interface - anybody using this stuff ? I've got a problem...

pk

Hello.

I'm new to YUI but I see it's a set of a very useful
tools. So I'm trying to use it And I have first
problem. Could anybody help me and explain why the
slider which I created on my page is not working
correctly in IE ? Please, look here:
http://www.pkfoto.pl/ofr2

Big thanks in advance !
Pawel.

Henry

On Mar 27, 11:06*am, pk wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I'm new to YUI but I see it's a set of a very useful
> tools. So I'm trying to use it And I have first
> problem. Could anybody help me and explain why the
> slider which I created on my page is not working
> correctly in IE ? Please, look here:http://www.pkfoto.pl/ofr2

You have neglected to say what "not working correctly" means. As far
as I can see the 'slider' is working fine (except for not providing
any apparent possibility for keyboard operation and so not being
'accessible' in any sense), in the sense that it slides up and down if
the 'handle' is dragged with a mouse. Nothing happens as a consequence
of that action, but you have not said that anything is supposed to
happen.

pk

Henry wrote:

> You have neglected to say what "not working correctly" means. As far
> as I can see the 'slider' is working fine (except for not providing
> any apparent possibility for keyboard operation and so not being
> 'accessible' in any sense), in the sense that it slides up and down if
> the 'handle' is dragged with a mouse. Nothing happens as a consequence
> of that action, but you have not said that anything is supposed to
> happen.

You're right, sorry about that. Slider's job is to scroll the content on the
left - works fine in firefox and opera but not IE.

Best regards,
Pawel.

GArlington

On Mar 27, 12:07 pm, "pk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Henry wrote:
> > You have neglected to say what "not working correctly" means. As far
> > as I can see the 'slider' is working fine (except for not providing
> > any apparent possibility for keyboard operation and so not being
> > 'accessible' in any sense), in the sense that it slides up and down if
> > the 'handle' is dragged with a mouse. Nothing happens as a consequence
> > of that action, but you have not said that anything is supposed to
> > happen.

> You're right, sorry about that. Slider's job is to scroll the content on the
> left - works fine in firefox

I do not know if it works well for you, but NOT for me (FF 2.0.0.13) -
last 1.5 lines are NOT showing...
> and opera but
> not IE.

You might notice that IE provides you with scrollable box -> so you
scroll bar has no purpose...

> Best regards,
> Pawel.

pk

GArlington wrote:

> I do not know if it works well for you, but NOT for me (FF 2.0.0.13) -
> last 1.5 lines are NOT showing...

Yeah, I know. It doesn't matter right now, I'll fix it.

> You might notice that IE provides you with scrollable box -> so you
> scroll bar has no purpose...

I'll read about that IE's feature... But I still like my scroller's look and
I'd like it to do its job in IE.

Best regards,
Pawel