Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Sharing Mozilla setups -Mandrake Linux/Windows

Sharing Mozilla setups -Mandrake Linux/Windows

Hallvard Tangeraas

I'm trying to figure out how to be able to access my Mozilla
bookmarks/settings equally from either Windows ME or Mandrake Linux 10.0.
There are two people using this computer.

So far I've succeeded in reading/writing bookmarks regardless where I am.
After creating two different Mozilla user-profiles when in Windows, I
rebooted into Linux and created the same two users, then pointing to the
same folder where I had put them in Windows ("My documents" folder) they
were immediately recognized and not created from scratch. Therefore they
point to the same users.

I still have some problems though:

1) I create a mail and news setup (i.e. entering the newsgroups I want to
subscribe to etc.), then when I reboot into the other operating system it's
all gone.

2) I get serious cosmetic problems (graphics all messed up etc.) when using
a themes different from the two default ones, even if I've downloaded the
same theme to both operating systems/users.

3) I've had a local web page as my startpage. This page is located in the
"My documents" folder in Windows, but naturally Linux won't recognize the
path "C:\windows\My documents\blahblahblah.html", and if I set it in Linux
then Windows won't recognize the path "/mnt/windows/windows/My
documents/blahblahblah.html", so how do I solve this?
I suppose the problem with email and news might have to do with the same
thing.

Anyone succeeded in sharing Mozilla between Linux and Windows?

Hallvard

Simple lighting setups with flash eNo Digital Photography 0 01-19-2011 11:48 AM
VPN3030 HA setups Martin Bilgrav Cisco 0 01-19-2006 08:34 AM
request.getServerName different values on similar setups Shabs Java 0 07-28-2004 07:10 PM
log4j Setups CrassMaster Java 0 12-19-2003 08:27 PM

Advertisments