Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Maintain Single Login in different Live Servers

Maintain Single Login in different Live Servers

=?Utf-8?B?UHJvbm9qaXQgUm95?=

Hi Xperts,

I have multiple Web Sites in different Live Servers. I want to login any of
the sites, and then I will access all the other sites without giving any more
login information (i.e I want to maintain the session state in all the web
servers).Web Sites are developed in ASP.Net using C#.Net. I have configured
my Web.Config with the Following details :

<sessionState
[t][t][t]mode="SQLServer"
[t][t][t]stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424"
[t][t][t]sqlConnectionString="data source=192.168.12.18;user
id=sa;password=password123"
[t][t][t]cookieless="false"
[t][t][t]timeout="20"
[t]/>

I have also executed the stored procedure "installsqlstate.sql" from my "SQL
Query Analyzier". The Session are being stored in the "tempdb DataBase"
properly.

Now the Problem Is :

If I am trying it with different applications in Different Live Servers and
having single SQLServer,then it is not working.[?]

Is there any concept of "machinekey" over here, or do I have to change the
machine.config?

Please Help,

Brojo Kishore Chatterjee.

Web Developer

bruce barker

by default each vdir has its own session state and login. if you want a site
common login you will need code it yourself.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

news:(E-Mail Removed)...