Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Save an object Reference to DOM

Save an object Reference to DOM

poldo

Hello.
I have a like object:
var x = {a: "A", b: "B"};

Is it possible to save x to the DOM in any way?

Thanks for replies, Massimo.

Martin Honnen

poldo wrote:

> I have a like object:
> var x = {a: "A", b: "B"};
>
> Is it possible to save x to the DOM in any way?

I am not sure I understand what you want to achieve.
DOM Level 3 Core has a method setUserData
<URL:http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-3-Core/core.html#Node3-setUserData>.
Currently however there is hardly support for that, Firefox 3 Beta has
support but Firefox 2.0 not I think.

--

Martin Honnen
http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/