Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > How to find the load time for the content in an iframe

How to find the load time for the content in an iframe

Madhumita

Hi,
I am trying to compute the load time for the contents of an iframe. I
do this by recording the start time before the iframe starts loading
and the end time on the onload call of the iframe. xample:

<IFRAME id="frame1" src="about:blank" WIDTH=200 HEIGHT=200
ONLOAD="record_endTime()" >
</IFRAME>
<script>
url = <some url>;
record_startTime();
document.getElemenetById('frame1').src=url;
</script>

Is there any guarantee that the record_startTime will always execute
just before the loading of the iframe, esp in the case when I may have
mutiple components (images and other iframes ) on the same page? My
idea is to make record_startTime and frame.src=<> atomic. Is that
possible in some other way?

Thanks.

BerlinBrown

On Feb 5, 3:59 pm, Madhumita <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to compute the load time for the contents of an iframe. I
> do this by recording the start time before the iframe starts loading
> and the end time on the onload call of the iframe. xample:
>
> <IFRAME id="frame1" src="about:blank" WIDTH=200 HEIGHT=200
> ONLOAD="record_endTime()" >
> </IFRAME>
> <script>
> url = <some url>;
> record_startTime();
> document.getElemenetById('frame1').src=url;
> </script>
>
> Is there any guarantee that the record_startTime will always execute
> just before the loading of the iframe, esp in the case when I may have
> mutiple components (images and other iframes ) on the same page? My
> idea is to make record_startTime and frame.src=<> atomic. Is that
> possible in some other way?
>
> Thanks.

Sorry, dude, in my question; I don't have an answer. I started a
completely separate question.