Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > can javascript be faked?

can javascript be faked?

clangers_snout@yahoo.co.uk

I know this isn't exactly the right group for this question (and if
you know of a more appropriate one I'd be grateful for the info) but I
was wondering if it is possible to make it so that when I visit a
website that requires javascript to be turned on, that the javascript
the website sees is somehow faked? So what I mean is that to the
website it looks as if your browser is using javascript as normal but
in fact the information is all faked? Any ideas, are there any apps
out there that do this?

Thanks for any help.

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

> I know this isn't exactly the right group for this question (and if
> you know of a more appropriate one I'd be grateful for the info) [...]

You have failed to ask a coherent question. Once you did, at least
it would be possible to determine whether your assumption was correct.

PointedEars
--
var bugRiddenCrashPronePieceOfJunk = (
) // Plone, register_function.js:16

David Dorward

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> I know this isn't exactly the right group for this question (and if
> you know of a more appropriate one I'd be grateful for the info) but I
> was wondering if it is possible to make it so that when I visit a
> website that requires javascript to be turned on, that the javascript
> the website sees is somehow faked? So what I mean is that to the
> website it looks as if your browser is using javascript as normal but
> in fact the information is all faked?

Web sites test to see if JavaScript is available by running some JavaScript.
The only way to fake it would be to examine the test and then have the
browser make whatever requests to the server that the JavaScript would have
it make. This would, of course, be different on a case by case basis.

.... and since the tests are usually because the site won't work with
JavaScript turned off, it would be a rather pointless exercise anyway.

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.me.uk/

Saravana

On Jan 24, 5:37 am, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > I know this isn't exactly the right group for this question (and if
> > you know of a more appropriate one I'd be grateful for the info) [...]

> You have failed to ask a coherent question. Once you did, at least
> it would be possible to determine whether your assumption was correct.
>
> http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
>
> PointedEars
> --
> var bugRiddenCrashPronePieceOfJunk = (
> navigator.userAgent.indexOf('MSIE 5') != -1
> && navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Mac') != -1
> ) // Plone, register_function.js:16

You are a foolish man,

U r only answering this for all questions...?