Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > not to show menubar,addressbar & etc of browser without any security confirm

not to show menubar,addressbar & etc of browser without any security confirm

lale.kat@gmail.com

I want my Browser not to show menubar,addressbar,toolbar and etc. when
the first page of my site become loaded.
I use this code for it:
-------------------------------------
<head>
<title>Haniye</title>

<script type='text/javascript'>
<!--
function SetWindow_Browser()
{

var height = 700 //Set height
var width = 700 //Set width
var name = "winname" //Set window name
var top = 20 //Set distance from top
var left = 20 //Set distance from left

//script revision by A. Kuehler, XombieRx
if(navigator.appName == "Netscape") //start handling for Netsacpe
and Mozilla
{

netscape.security.PrivilegeManager.enablePrivilege ("UniversalBrowserWrite")
window.menubar.visible = false;
window.locationbar.visible = false;
window.scrollbars.visible = false;
window.personalbar.visible = false;
window.statusbar.visible = false;
window.toolbar.visible = false;

netscape.security.PrivilegeManager.revertPrivilege ("UniversalBrowserWrite")
resizeTo(width,height); //replace with actual numerical values
}//end if handling for Netscape/Mozilla

else
{ //for all other browers
//script provided by superslamwich
if(document.location.search=='')
{
window.open(document.location + "?
newwin=true",name,"fullscreen=no,toolbar=no,status =no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,resizable=no,director ies=no,location=no,width="
+ width + ",height=" + height + ",left=" + left + ",top=" + top);
self.opener=""
self.close()
}
else
{
window.opener.close();
}
}//end handling for all other browsers
}
-->

</script>

<BODY onload="SetWindow_Browser();">
when I use this code in Mozilla firefox ,It opens dialog confirm, with
this title:"internet security" and with this text:"A script "file://"
is requesting enhanced abilites UNSAFE and could be used compromise
your mashine or data"
& ask me to allow or deny it.
if I push allow botton It will works but I don't want to show this
dialog ,I wanna do it directly without any question.
how could I do it?Is it possible?and do u know another way to hidden
menubar,toolbar,ect?
and also when I use this code in Internet Explorer it appears menu at
the top of Browser 's window with this content:
"to help protect your security ,Internet Exlprer has restricted this
file from showing active content that could access your computer click
here
for option" and when I seclect "allow blocked content",It will does
something that I want.but I don't want to show this menu too.thx

Evertjan.

?? wrote on 13 nov 2007 in comp.lang.javascript:

> I want my Browser not to show menubar,addressbar,toolbar and etc. when
> the first page of my site become loaded.

Clientside Javascript cannot and should not be able to do that.

If you want to change the security settings of "Your Browser",
so be it, but it has nothing to do with the abilities of clientside
javascript.

And why would you compromize the security of "Your Browser" anyway?

[btw, for IE look at .hta file behavour.]

So it is OT in this NG, methinks.

[please use a signature on usenet]

--
Evertjan.