Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > click to character position

click to character position

Adrian

Hi there,

Anyone know if it's possible to convert the co-ordinates of a click on
a div into a character position within the div's content?

This is for Safari (iPhone to be exact).

Cheers,
Adrian

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Adrian wrote:
> Anyone know if it's possible to convert the co-ordinates of a click on
> a div into a character position within the div's content?

That is unlikely (double meaning), especially on

> [...] Safari (iPhone to be exact).

but I don't see why it would be necessary at all.

PointedEars
--
realism: HTML 4.01 Strict
evangelism: XHTML 1.0 Strict