Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > onchange

onchange

Wolf Grossi

Hi folks,

onsubmit a form is scanned tru all elements and the element is checked
if it has onchange set.
If so, onchange is executed.

Assuming onchange looks like

onchange=function onchange(event)
{
alert("Alert XXX");
return checkNULL(this);
}

how can I execute the last statement of onchange only?

Thanks for reading,
Wolf

GArlington

On 21 Oct, 16:38, Wolf Grossi <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> onsubmit a form is scanned tru all elements and the element is checked
> if it has onchange set.
> If so, onchange is executed.
>
> Assuming onchange looks like
>
> onchange=function onchange(event)
> {
> alert("Alert XXX");
> return checkNULL(this);
>
> }
>
> how can I execute the last statement of onchange only?
>
> Thanks for reading,
> Wolf

Do you want to avoid getting alerts? The way it is programmed you can
not. Cahnge the function to display conditional alert.

Wolf Grossi

GArlington wrote:
> On 21 Oct, 16:38, Wolf Grossi <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> onsubmit a form is scanned tru all elements and the element is checked
>> if it has onchange set.
>> If so, onchange is executed.
>>
>> Assuming onchange looks like
>>
>> onchange=function onchange(event)
>> {
>> alert("Alert XXX");
>> return checkNULL(this);
>>
>> }
>>
>> how can I execute the last statement of onchange only?
>>
>> Thanks for reading,
>> Wolf

> Do you want to avoid getting alerts? The way it is programmed you can
> not. Cahnge the function to display conditional alert.

No, I want to change *any* onchange function according to my needs.
The above lines are just an example, apparently a bad one

Thanks,
Wolf