Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > preventing an event handler attached by attachEvent getting executed

preventing an event handler attached by attachEvent getting executed

wolverine

Hi,
I am injecting a javascript code into html pages and attaching
some dom events to some elements via attachEvent (IE only). I just
want to know that is there any chance by which my event handler not
getting executed ? ie, is there some means for the web developer to
prevent any further handler getting executed for the same event on the
same element ?

To be more clear, assume the web developer has attached function
"f1()" on onclick of <a> tag. I will then go on attaching function
f2() to onclick of the same <a> tag. Is there some thing in "f1()"
that can prevent f2() from getting executed ?

Thanks in Advance
Kiran.