Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Application vs. Session

Application vs. Session

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXM=?=

1.) I have a web app that will be primarilary used by internal (internal
network resources) users, approx. 40-50 at any one time, then there will be
external (external coming into the internal network) users approx. 5-10 at
any one time.

Which is better, store login information in Session or Application? I have
used Session (Session("name")= "abc") for ASP for years. What about ASP.NET?
I have approx. 5-7 values per user, no more than 30 characters value.

2.) Is there a clean way in ASP.NET to clear/redirect a user if/when their
session expires. So that if they leave their desk and the session expires,
can you bounce them to a page explaining this and to re-login.

thanx.

Saravana

Hi,

1. There are many ways for state management in asp.net. Depending upon your
requirement, you need to choose. Check out this faq to know what are state
management option available in asp.net
http://www.extremeexperts.com/Net/fa...tInASPNET.aspx

2. Form authentication can be used for this purpose. To know more about this
check out this faq,

Saravana
www.ExtremeExperts.com

news:(E-Mail Removed)...