Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Session object question

Session object question

slavyan

I heard that using inproc session is not very good idea because it consumes
a lot of memory if there are many users using web at the same time. Is is
true? If so, is there another good (and easy) way to store temp. data
instead of using session?

Thanks

bruce barker

i would never use inproc on any large, active site. besides being a memory
hog, its lost on asp.net recycles. try the sqlserver session manager.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

"slavyan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| I heard that using inproc session is not very good idea because it
consumes
| a lot of memory if there are many users using web at the same time. Is is
| true? If so, is there another good (and easy) way to store temp. data
| instead of using session?
|
| Thanks

WJ

You may wish to use SQL Server to maintain session state and or State
Server. There are two methods for SQL Server as session state holder:
Temporary and Persistent: Below is a "how to" article prepared by Microsoft
for your purpose:

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d...g_dep_wkad.asp

John