Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Page Check [] for google adsense multi search widgit

Page Check [] for google adsense multi search widgit

Dr. Clue

Sorta curious how well this page works for folks.
http://www.drclue.net/EXAMPLES/googl...glePuzzle.html

It's just a little search wrapper tool for exploiting various Google
search
tools that is mostly meant to be a fun interface.

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Dr. Clue wrote:
^^^^^^^^
LOL

> Sorta curious how well this page works for folks.
> http://www.drclue.net/EXAMPLES/googl...glePuzzle.html

It doesn't in Firefox 2.0.0.6. No error message, simply nothing happens
when you type and press Enter.

PointedEars

Dr. Clue

On Aug 24, 1:06 am, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> Dr. Clue wrote:
>
> ^^^^^^^^
> LOL
>
> > Sorta curious how well this page works for folks.
> >http://www.drclue.net/EXAMPLES/googl...glePuzzle.html

> It doesn't in Firefox 2.0.0.6. No error message, simply nothing happens
> when you type and press Enter.

The use of the enter key to run the search was suppressed as
a search on [enter] in this context tends to trigger the popup
blockers.
Especially in FireFox 2.0.0.6

I personally would have rather displayed the results in the same page
to avoid the issue , but the specification called for results in a new
window
and since the form submitted to Google is not the form filled out by
the user,
blocking [enter] seemed the only way to suppress the pop-up blocker
that fit into the couple of hundred dollars afforded the whole project

--Doc.

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Dr. Clue wrote:
> On Aug 24, 1:06 am, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>> Dr. Clue wrote:
>>> Sorta curious how well this page works for folks.
>>> http://www.drclue.net/EXAMPLES/googl...glePuzzle.html

>> It doesn't in Firefox 2.0.0.6. No error message, simply nothing happens
>> when you type and press Enter.

> The use of the enter key to run the search was suppressed as
> a search on [enter] in this context tends to trigger the popup
> blockers.
> Especially in FireFox 2.0.0.6

Nonsense. Pressing a key is a user action (as is clicking the button) that
usually does not trigger popup blockers. It certainly does not trigger
Firefox's popup blocker.

PointedEars
--
realism: HTML 4.01 Strict
evangelism: XHTML 1.0 Strict

Bill H

On Aug 24, 12:05 am, "Dr. Clue" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Sorta curious how well this page works for folks.http://www.drclue.net/EXAMPLES/googl...glePuzzle.html
>
> It's just a little search wrapper tool for exploiting various Google
> search
> tools that is mostly meant to be a fun interface.

Worked fine for me in IE7 on XP - Suggest moving the search and reset
down near the search form, had to look for it, other than that,
interesting concept

Bill H

Google - adsense John D. HTML 6 12-30-2012 11:40 PM
Passing the data from a tkEntry widgit to a variable Mer Gilmartin Ruby 4 10-16-2006 10:20 PM
Add Google AdSense javascript code at runtime shapper ASP .Net 1 10-03-2006 12:21 AM
Adsense Preview Tool: See what adsense shown on any URL Looking HTML 15 09-20-2004 10:49 PM
Google Announces Adsense Trevor HTML 5 06-26-2003 11:10 AM

Advertisments