Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Wikicodia - The code snippets wiki

Wikicodia - The code snippets wiki

Wikicodia Admin

Dears,

Wikicodia is a wiki based project for sharing code snippets. We're
collecting large number of code snippets for all code-based
programming languages, scripts, shells and consoles. We wish you could
help us. We're still BETA. Your suggestions, ideas and criticisms are
very welcomed. We're waiting for you contributions. You can easily
share and search our snippet using our Google Desktop Gadget. We're
waiting for your JavaScript snippets

http://www.wikicodia.com

Thanks
Wikicodia Admin

David Cox

"Broswe"?

spell checking code especially sought?

Good luck with this venture.

David F. Cox

"Wikicodia Admin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Dears,
>
> Wikicodia is a wiki based project for sharing code snippets. We're
> collecting large number of code snippets for all code-based
> programming languages, scripts, shells and consoles. We wish you could
> help us. We're still BETA. Your suggestions, ideas and criticisms are
> very welcomed. We're waiting for you contributions. You can easily
> share and search our snippet using our Google Desktop Gadget. We're
> waiting for your JavaScript snippets
>
> http://www.wikicodia.com
>
> Thanks
> Wikicodia Admin

Dr J R Stockton

In comp.lang.javascript message <(E-Mail Removed)
glegroups.com>, Fri, 27 Jul 2007 13:00:30, Wikicodia Admin
<(E-Mail Removed)> posted:
>Dears,
>
>Wikicodia is a wiki based project for sharing code snippets. We're
>collecting large number of code snippets for all code-based
>programming languages, scripts, shells and consoles. We wish you could
>help us. We're still BETA. Your suggestions, ideas and criticisms are
>very welcomed. We're waiting for you contributions. You can easily
>share and search our snippet using our Google Desktop Gadget. We're
>waiting for your JavaScript snippets

But is there effective quality control? The text of the JavaScript
Random page is wrong at present ... but is now changed.

At present, most of the Javascript material was entered, it seems, by a
single person not known here.

Aside ; there is a function countdown easily found by Googling that
string. It is bloated; and a modified form seen on the site of an
otherwise reputable establishment has an additional error. Naturally,
there is now a better algorithm in the obvious place (no intelligent
regulars here will need it, of course).

--
(c) John Stockton, Surrey, UK. ?@merlyn.demon.co.uk Turnpike v6.05 IE 6.

Dr J R Stockton

In comp.lang.javascript message <(E-Mail Removed)
glegroups.com>, Fri, 27 Jul 2007 13:00:30, Wikicodia Admin
<(E-Mail Removed)> posted:
>Dears,

??

>Wikicodia is a wiki based project for sharing code snippets. We're
>collecting large number of code snippets for all code-based
>programming languages, scripts, shells and consoles. We wish you could
>help us. We're still BETA. Your suggestions, ideas and criticisms are
>very welcomed. We're waiting for you contributions. You can easily
>share and search our snippet using our Google Desktop Gadget. We're
>waiting for your JavaScript snippets
>
>http://www.wikicodia.com

AFAICS, they are not collecting, but writing; and not for all languages
- no mention of APL or Jovial, for example.

<FAQENTRY>
As it stands, under no circumstances should the FAQ (if ever updated)
contain a favourable reference to Wikicodia. However, giving a warning
against it seems likely to be useful - though it would only be proper to
do so if the published FAQ were being updated frequently enough to
respond to any changes in the situation.

The Javascript pages appear to have been created by a very small number
of juveniles; and, from sampling, the same persons have created at least
most of the rest.