Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Internet Explorer. Inserting HUGE html data to control innerHTML.

Internet Explorer. Inserting HUGE html data to control innerHTML.

borisov.gleb@gmail.com

wp.prototype.loadHtmlToCtrl = function (ctrl, html) {
alert(1);
ctrl.innerHTML = html;
alert(2);
}

5-10 seconds between two alerts depends on string length. It's only IE
bug. FF and Safari3 works fine.

Maybe anyone knows how I can insert huge HTML data faster? (100-400Kb
one time and 10-20Kb many times).

Thanks for advice.
All the best, Gleb M. Borisov.

borisov.gleb@gmail.com

On Jul 18, 7:00 pm, "David Mark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>
> > wp.prototype.loadHtmlToCtrl = function (ctrl, html) {
> > alert(1);
> > ctrl.innerHTML = html;
> > alert(2);
> > }

> > 5-10 seconds between two alerts depends on string length. It's only IE
> > bug. FF and Safari3 works fine.

> What makes you think this is a bug? Sounds like a performance issue to me.
>

> > Maybe anyone knows how I can insert huge HTML data faster? (100-400Kb
> > one time and 10-20Kb many times).

> That doesn't sound so HUGE. Perhaps it is the complexity and not the size
> that is the problem?
>
> You can't get any faster than innerHTML. Do you have to insert the whole
> thing at once or can you do it a little at a time? If you can break it up
> into stages, you can use setInterval. It won't actually speed it up, but
> will allow you to update a progress bar or something like that. You might
> want to hide the containing element during the operation as you probably
> don't want the user to interact with the partially rendered HTML.

Now I'm trying to split content and insert it to element with some
intervals via setTimeout.
Anyway, thanks for reply.

All the best, Gleb M. Borisov.