Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > firefox font inconsistent with gtk

firefox font inconsistent with gtk

bmgz

I am using the latest firefox in kde-3.3.0 I have set gtk applications to
use the tahoma font (gtk-font-name = "Tahoma 11") in .gtkrc and have
disabled XFT from antialiasing fonts in the range of 8pt-15pt.

Although this font setup works fine with all my other gnome apps, firefox
has decided to make its ui font 2 points larger? Furthermore It refuses to
antialias anything out of the specified ranges of 8pt-15pt.. Firefox seems
to be acting like a right spoiled bastard.. I suspect their is somethings I
will need to specify in userChrome.css or prefs.js?

I am using Freetype2. My X res is 1024x768 & font res is 75x75dpi. If that
has any significance..

thanks in advance...

bmgz

bmgz wrote:

> I am using the latest firefox in kde-3.3.0 I have set gtk applications to
> use the tahoma font (gtk-font-name = "Tahoma 11") in .gtkrc and have
> disabled XFT from antialiasing fonts in the range of 8pt-15pt.
>
> Although this font setup works fine with all my other gnome apps, firefox
> has decided to make its ui font 2 points larger? Furthermore It refuses to
> antialias anything out of the specified ranges of 8pt-15pt.. Firefox seems
> to be acting like a right spoiled bastard.. I suspect their is somethings
> I will need to specify in userChrome.css or prefs.js?
>
> I am using Freetype2. My X res is 1024x768 & font res is 75x75dpi. If that
> has any significance..
>
> thanks in advance...

OK I got the ui fonts the write size by setting the font resolution to
72dpi. When I go to particular sites the font is tiny, jagged and just
plain nasty - http://www.kde-look.org in particular... and XFT antialiasing
for fonts > 14pt still isn't working..

Brian

bmgz wrote:
> bmgz wrote:
>

>>I am using the latest firefox in kde-3.3.0 I have set gtk applications to
>>use the tahoma font (gtk-font-name = "Tahoma 11") in .gtkrc and have
>>disabled XFT from antialiasing fonts in the range of 8pt-15pt.
>>
>>Although this font setup works fine with all my other gnome apps, firefox
>>has decided to make its ui font 2 points larger? Furthermore It refuses to
>>antialias anything out of the specified ranges of 8pt-15pt.. Firefox seems
>>to be acting like a right spoiled bastard.. I suspect their is somethings
>>I will need to specify in userChrome.css or prefs.js?
>>
>>I am using Freetype2. My X res is 1024x768 & font res is 75x75dpi. If that
>>has any significance..
>>
>>thanks in advance...

> OK I got the ui fonts the write size by setting the font resolution to
> 72dpi. When I go to particular sites the font is tiny, jagged and just
> plain nasty - http://www.kde-look.org in particular... and XFT antialiasing
> for fonts > 14pt still isn't working..

Looks like this for me:

http://68.1.17.8/p0nykiller/tmp/kdelook.png