Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > table scroll

table scroll

ed

I am looking for a good Table Scroll. Anyone know of anything like
this (free or commercial)? I'd prefer something that is accessible
and you can just drop in and have it work.

thanks!

Matt Kruse

On Jun 20, 2:27 pm, ed <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I am looking for a good Table Scroll.

What does that even mean?

Matt Kruse

ed

On Jun 20, 4:30 pm, Matt Kruse <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Jun 20, 2:27 pm, ed <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > I am looking for a good Table Scroll.

> What does that even mean?
>
> Matt Kruse

Javascript that takes the body of a table and allows it to scroll.

Randy Webb

ed said the following on 6/20/2007 4:51 PM:
> On Jun 20, 4:30 pm, Matt Kruse <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> On Jun 20, 2:27 pm, ed <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> I am looking for a good Table Scroll.

>> What does that even mean?
>>
>> Matt Kruse

> Javascript that takes the body of a table and allows it to scroll.

If you can take the body of the table in my kitchen and scroll it across
the floor, I would be impressed.

--
Randy
Chance Favors The Prepared Mind

dave

On Jun 20, 12:51 pm, ed <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Jun 20, 4:30 pm, Matt Kruse <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > On Jun 20, 2:27 pm, ed <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > > I am looking for a good Table Scroll.

> > What does that even mean?

> > Matt Kruse

> Javascript that takes the body of a table and allows it to scroll.

why not use the overflow property in css?

kaaposc

ed wrote:
> On Jun 20, 4:30 pm, Matt Kruse <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> On Jun 20, 2:27 pm, ed <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> I am looking for a good Table Scroll.

>> What does that even mean?
>>
>> Matt Kruse

> Javascript that takes the body of a table and allows it to scroll.

plain css

tbody {
max-height: 200px;
overflow: scroll;
}

--
-- kaaposc
"The Knowledge is Power"

Tim Slattery

kaaposc <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>ed wrote:

>>> What does that even mean?
>>>
>>> Matt Kruse

>> Javascript that takes the body of a table and allows it to scroll.
>>

>plain css
>
>tbody {
> max-height: 200px;
> overflow: scroll;
>}

That works in browsers that properly support CSS, like the Gecko-based
browsers: Netscape, Mozilla, Firefox. It does not work in IE, not even
IE7. Somebody posted a solution here for IE months ago. It involved
the "expression" CSS attribute that's supported only by IE. I'll post
or email it if requested.

--
Tim Slattery
http://members.cox.net/slatteryt

Matt Kruse

On Jun 21, 8:10 am, Tim Slattery <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Somebody posted a solution here for IE months ago. It involved
> the "expression" CSS attribute that's supported only by IE.

Here is mine that uses IE expressions:
http://www.javascripttoolbox.com/lib/scrollingdatagrid/

It's been working well for me for years, but it does have its
drawbacks. Expressions, as a rule, slow down the whole page in IE.
Large data sets or big pages may not be good situations to use a
solution like that above.

Matt Kruse