Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Thunderbird: quoted forwarding?

Thunderbird: quoted forwarding?

Nicolas Chevreux

Hello

I have asked this in the Mozillazine forums, but in vain.

Is there any way to configure (or install an extension) Thunderbird so
that forwarded emails are quoted? This is an Eudora feature which I am
dearly missing in TB.

Nicolas
--
Ad Noiseam
www.adnoiseam.net

Moz Champion

Nicolas Chevreux wrote:

> Hello
>
> I have asked this in the Mozillazine forums, but in vain.
>
> Is there any way to configure (or install an extension) Thunderbird so
> that forwarded emails are quoted? This is an Eudora feature which I am
> dearly missing in TB.
>
> Nicolas

Mozilla Thunderbird-->Preferences-->Composition

Forward Messages <inline>

Now when you forward a message, the entire message appears in the
composition window, replete with headers.

--
Mozilla Champion
UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

Nicolas Chevreux

Hello,

on 09/Sep/04 08:27 Moz Champion wrote:
> Mozilla Thunderbird-->Preferences-->Composition
> Forward Messages <inline>
> Now when you forward a message, the entire message appears in the
> composition window, replete with headers.

Yes, this is what I am using, but not what I want to do.

An example:

I get a message whose body is:
Hello

I would like it to appear as follow when forwarded:
> Hello

Any way to do this?

Nicolas
--
Ad Noiseam
www.adnoiseam.net

Mueen Nawaz

Nicolas Chevreux wrote:
> I get a message whose body is:
> Hello
>
> I would like it to appear as follow when forwarded:
> > Hello

> Any way to do this?

I guess everyone has his/her own preference, but to be honest, I simply
abhor it when I get a forwarded email that inserts the quote characters.
Is there any particular reason you desire it? After all, it is fairly
clear what portion of the email is being forwarded.

Reading an email that's been quoted is not easy (at least for some).
Even worse, many mail readers will mess up the formatting...

--
When an agnostic dies, does he go to the "great perhaps"?

/\ /\ /\ /
/ \/ \ u e e n / \/ a w a z

anl

Kieran

Mueen Nawaz wrote:
> Nicolas Chevreux wrote:
>
>> I get a message whose body is:
>> Hello
>>
>> I would like it to appear as follow when forwarded:
>> > Hello

>> Any way to do this?

> I guess everyone has his/her own preference, but to be honest, I
> simply abhor it when I get a forwarded email that inserts the quote
> characters. Is there any particular reason you desire it? After all, it
> is fairly clear what portion of the email is being forwarded.

Honestly, I hate when people use *any* sort of HTML or fonts, or
graphics, in their emails. I think email (and USENET) should be
exclusively plain text. I *love* the practice of inserting carrot
characters ">" for quoted text. Then you can reply to specific portions
of the email and it's clear who wrote what. I'm have a bit of trouble
figuring out how to configure TB like this, too...

> Reading an email that's been quoted is not easy (at least for some).
> Even worse, many mail readers will mess up the formatting...

I've never run into a mail client that has trouble with it....

-KC