Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > post request and redirect

post request and redirect

joshtichauer@gmail.com

Hey, Is there a way to make a javascript post request to MyPage.aspx,
set a variable on MyPage.aspx, then do a javascript redirect to
MyPage.aspx and still sustain the value of the variable posted to the
page in the first place? As of now i'm successfully posting to my aspx
page, and successfully redirecting as well, but i have been
unsuccessful with sustaining that variable. I've tried using ViewState
as well as Session, neither seem to work exactly how i'd like.

Essencially, I'm trying to send a post request as well as redirect to
the same page

Any/All suggestions or other ideas to accomplish this task are
welcome.

thanks to all,
JoshT

Peter Michaux

On Jun 5, 5:34 pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Hey, Is there a way to make a javascript post request to MyPage.aspx,
> set a variable on MyPage.aspx, then do a javascript redirect to
> MyPage.aspx and still sustain the value of the variable posted to the
> page in the first place?

Write the value to a cookie with JavaScript before posting it. Then
read the value from the cookie with JavaScript after the redirection.

Peter