Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > download dialog box

download dialog box

=?Utf-8?B?QUNhdW50ZXI=?=

Hi,
when the download dialog box opens and i click save or open or cancel..
everything works fine.. but then it's stuck in memory or something, because
nomatter what button, listbox, combobox, etc.. i click on next.. that
download dialog box keeps coming up...
why is that???

Curt_C [MVP]

where are you calling the download? do these controls call a postback that
might be triggering it?

--
Curt Christianson
Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software

"ACaunter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> when the download dialog box opens and i click save or open or cancel..
> everything works fine.. but then it's stuck in memory or something,
> because
> nomatter what button, listbox, combobox, etc.. i click on next.. that
> download dialog box keeps coming up...
> why is that???
> --
> (E-Mail Removed)

=?Utf-8?B?QUNhdW50ZXI=?=

I'm looping through a folder which has a bunch of images and 1 word doc. the
images get displayed and then the download dialog box appears. once you
open,save,or cancel.. the page is just sitting there, looking like all is
fine, but when you click on anything.. the download dialog box comes back and
you can't go anywhere

"Curt_C [MVP]" wrote:

> where are you calling the download? do these controls call a postback that
> might be triggering it?
>
> --
> Curt Christianson
> Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software
> Site: http://www.Darkfalz.com
> Blog: http://blog.Darkfalz.com
>

> "ACaunter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> > when the download dialog box opens and i click save or open or cancel..
> > everything works fine.. but then it's stuck in memory or something,
> > because
> > nomatter what button, listbox, combobox, etc.. i click on next.. that
> > download dialog box keeps coming up...
> > why is that???
> > --
> > (E-Mail Removed)

Curt_C [MVP]

That didnt answer my question. Are these "click on anything"'s doing a
postback? If so is your loop/dialog in the page_load? Maybe do a
IsPostBack() check

--
Curt Christianson
Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software
Site: http://www.Darkfalz.com
Blog: http://blog.Darkfalz.com

"ACaunter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm looping through a folder which has a bunch of images and 1 word doc.
> the
> images get displayed and then the download dialog box appears. once you
> open,save,or cancel.. the page is just sitting there, looking like all is
> fine, but when you click on anything.. the download dialog box comes back
> and
> you can't go anywhere
>
> "Curt_C [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> where are you calling the download? do these controls call a postback
>> that
>> might be triggering it?
>>
>> --
>> Curt Christianson
>> Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software
>> Site: http://www.Darkfalz.com
>> Blog: http://blog.Darkfalz.com
>>

>> "ACaunter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Hi,
>> > when the download dialog box opens and i click save or open or cancel..
>> > everything works fine.. but then it's stuck in memory or something,
>> > because
>> > nomatter what button, listbox, combobox, etc.. i click on next.. that
>> > download dialog box keeps coming up...
>> > why is that???
>> > --
>> > (E-Mail Removed)

=?Utf-8?B?QUNhdW50ZXI=?=

Yes, the "click on anythings" are postbacks, but the loop/dialog is not in
the page_load... its on the indexchange of a listbox...
the listbox lists a bunch of different folders and when you select a folder,
it loads the pics and downloads the doc.. just can't seem to get rid of the
download dialog after it is used