Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > to get the frame index and name in IE & Mozilla

to get the frame index and name in IE & Mozilla

arungenesis@gmail.com

Hello people,

I'm working with HTML and Javascript. I have some problems in handling
frames. I have the following questions:

1. How do I retrieve the name of a FRAME in IE & Mozilla using a
onclick event handler

I have done this for IE and it is as follows:
this.frames.name
The above thing will be called inside the event handler.
I need to know the same for Mozilla and I couldn't use the above
as it is not working there.

2. How do I retrieve the FRAME index in IE & Mozilla using a onclick
event handler.

The index here I mean is:
frames[index]
I exactly want the integer of the index.

Thanks in advance,
MAK

arungenesis@gmail.com

Sorry Mr. Randy

The above code you suggested is not working. It is returning error in
the error console of Mozilla. The error is as follows:

parent.frames[this.frame] has no properties

What can I do now? Do you have any other suggestions...

thanks and regards,
MAK