Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Pop Up Window..ASP.NET

Pop Up Window..ASP.NET

seep

Hi,
I have a webform with a button.
When the user moves their mouse over the button.. I would
like to initiate a mouseover event that shows a small
window with text.. The text will be populated from a
dataset...

Does anyone here know how to do this?
I have code that does the mouseover in javascript.. A
window even pops up.. but I am not sure how to send
dynamic text to this window...

I hope I am being clear enough..
A tooltip would be ok if I could get the data to show up
in 2 lines neatly.. ie

DATAROW 1
DATAROW 2

Any ideas?

Thanks

=?Utf-8?B?Q293Ym95IChHcmVnb3J5IEEuIEJlYW1lcikgLSBNVlA=?=

There are a couple of possibilities.

1. Dynamically create the Window.Open() URL to include enough information to
pull from a database.

2. Feed the data into JavaScript when the page is initially called and
create a tooltip. If you cannot easily do it with HTML, consider setting up a
layer and painting it on the mouseover event.

NOTE: The second option is more difficult to implement, as different
browsers render layers differently (some older browsers will not render at
all), so the option is more applicable to a controlled environment, like an
Intranet.

---

Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

***************************
Think Outside the Box!
***************************

"seep" wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a webform with a button.
> When the user moves their mouse over the button.. I would
> like to initiate a mouseover event that shows a small
> window with text.. The text will be populated from a
> dataset...
>
> Does anyone here know how to do this?
> I have code that does the mouseover in javascript.. A
> window even pops up.. but I am not sure how to send
> dynamic text to this window...
>
> I hope I am being clear enough..
> A tooltip would be ok if I could get the data to show up
> in 2 lines neatly.. ie
>
> DATAROW 1
> DATAROW 2
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks

Saravana

Check out this article,
http://www.microsoft.com/india/msdn/...ndarinASP.aspx

--
-Saravana
www.ExtremeExperts.com

"seep" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:140501c4e775$ae32c810$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> I have a webform with a button.
> When the user moves their mouse over the button.. I would
> like to initiate a mouseover event that shows a small
> window with text.. The text will be populated from a
> dataset...
>
> Does anyone here know how to do this?
> I have code that does the mouseover in javascript.. A
> window even pops up.. but I am not sure how to send
> dynamic text to this window...
>
> I hope I am being clear enough..
> A tooltip would be ok if I could get the data to show up
> in 2 lines neatly.. ie
>
> DATAROW 1
> DATAROW 2
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks

santhanamk santhanamk is offline
Junior Member

Hi seep:

Did you ever figure out how to do this? I am trying to do something very similar.

In my case, I have a table with some records. When I hover a link for each row (onmouseover), I would like to pop up a window with dynamic text (unique for each row).

At this point, I can get the pop up window to display, but I cannot write dynamic text to it...only static text..

Thanks,
-Krishna