Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > break out of an iframe during a form submission

break out of an iframe during a form submission

cybervigilante

I have a table inside an iframe that has paypal buttons in table
cells. Each button is a Form. (The table has to be in an iframe to
protect it from a containing CMS, which buggers the forms otherwise)

When I click on one of the buttons I go to paypal, but the resulting
PayPal page is still inside the iframe and too small, so you have to
scroll. I need to get out of the iframe but still go to paypal. What
is the javascript I'd use? I assume I need to place some extra
javascript inside the action= "" quote and chain it so it comes back
to the form submission after breaking out of the frame, but my head is
spinning thinking about it. Here is the form

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
<input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_xclick">
<input type="hidden" name="business" value="me.com">
<input type="hidden" name="item_name" value="Zillion Dollars">

etc

Lee

cybervigilante said:

>I have a table inside an iframe that has paypal buttons in table
>cells. Each button is a Form. (The table has to be in an iframe to
>protect it from a containing CMS, which buggers the forms otherwise)
>
>When I click on one of the buttons I go to paypal, but the resulting
>PayPal page is still inside the iframe and too small, so you have to
>scroll. I need to get out of the iframe but still go to paypal. What
>is the javascript I'd use? I assume I need to place some extra
>javascript inside the action= "" quote and chain it so it comes back
>to the form submission after breaking out of the frame, but my head is
>spinning thinking about it. Here is the form
>
><form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
> <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_xclick">
> <input type="hidden" name="business" value="me.com">
> <input type="hidden" name="item_name" value="Zillion Dollars">

Nothing to do with Javascript.
Add the target="_top" attribute to the form tag.

cybervigilante

> Nothing to do with Javascript.
> Add the target="_top" attribute to the form tag.
>
> --

Yow, that was simple ;') thanks.

Jim