Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > what javascript lib?

what javascript lib?

Alfred

Any solid javascript library available that has a splitter bar, drag & drop
and treeview for a site that contains only dynamically created controls
served thru a local webservice?

TIA

Peter Michaux

On Apr 27, 9:48 am, "Alfred" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Any solid javascript library available that has a splitter bar, drag & drop
> and treeview for a site that contains only dynamically created controls
> served thru a local webservice?

YUI-ext has also been ported to jQuery.

Dojo is a beast that has this kind of stuff also.

Peter

Alfred

Thanks, I'll have a look. As an aside, I saw YUI but from first glance I saw
one needs to use their servers for getting js files and that is a no go for
me.

"Peter Michaux" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> On Apr 27, 9:48 am, "Alfred" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Any solid javascript library available that has a splitter bar, drag &
>> drop
>> and treeview for a site that contains only dynamically created controls
>> served thru a local webservice?

> YUI-ext has also been ported to jQuery.

> Dojo is a beast that has this kind of stuff also.
>
> Peter

Peter Michaux

On Apr 27, 8:52 pm, "Alfred" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Thanks, I'll have a look. As an aside, I saw YUI but from first glance I saw
> one needs to use their servers for getting js files and that is a no go for
> me.

You can use their servers if you want to but you don't have to. You
can download the code and serve it from your site. It is BSD license.

Peter

TheBagbournes

Alfred wrote:
> Any solid javascript library available that has a splitter bar, drag & drop
> and treeview for a site that contains only dynamically created controls
> served thru a local webservice?

The most solid, and best designed library IMHO. Written using solid OO principles, and properly documented. Faster and MUCH less flaky than any of the better known offerings:

http://www.extjs.com/deploy/ext/docs/index.html

See "Examples and Demos" for exactly what you asked for.

Alfred

Looks promising, thanks.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...